The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

No.  (Does no one have a copy at home?  I realize that the book wasn't reprinted by Applewood, but it was out till 1970, so there are tons of copies at used bookstores in both DJ, even without the DJ, and PC form.  Or even in a library?)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Unfortunately, The Melted Coins is one of the original text books I do not have yet. It's possible I could find it at a library- but if it hasn't been reprinted by Applewood, then I'm doubtful that the library would have it. Although I do run across quite a few original text books every so often at various used book stores and antique stores and such. But it's getting to the point where you may just want to call it because it doesn't look like anyone's coming up with this answer anytime soon.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Spoon Mouth???

BTW, this is the May Book Club discussion book. I guess I need to buy it. :/
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 21, 2011, 03:54:06 PM
Spoon Mouth???

No.

And, okay, wow, for one that I thought someone would get right away, it sure turned out to be Hard Question #2 in a row.  The answer was a "Dona Luisa" (sorry I don't have a key on my keyboard to do the squiggle line over the "n" in Dona)

Anyway, here's a new question (which I hope is easier).

Within the first 30 pages of Danger On The Diamond, which previous case is referenced by name?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Wow we were all way off.

Sorry Trevor!!!

But this one I know for sure!! I LOVED this book! Frank gets knocked out with a baseball for crying out loud! :)

Desert Phantom is my final answer.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

I think it's actually Revenge of the Desert Phantom, #84 in The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories. ;)

hardygirl847

Mac, yes that is the whole name. However, it is referred to (in the book) as Desert Phantom. It can be found on page 17. :)

"The van had been given to  Frank and Joe by Chief Collig after the y had solved the Desert Phantom Case." It's a blue police van...which reminds me a little of their high tech black van from the Casefiles.

I guess it depends on how picking Tomswift is about the answer. ;)

tomswift2002

Well, it didn't really matter whether it was the shortened title or the actual title of the book, so I'll give it to Hardygirl.

MacGyver

LOL- I know. Sorry- I was just being a wiseguy. ;D

hardygirl847

LOL oops...I meant "picky" not picking. Oh well. typos...

Mac, I know you were. Hence my smileys. :)

Tomswift...Thanks!! I FINALLY got one! And it didn't take forever.

Now to think of a really good question.....

hardygirl847

Well I'm not sure how "good" of a question this is...but here it goes.

What is the name of Alena's housekeeper in Night of the Werewolf?

MacGyver

hardygirl847

MacGyver

I take it you're not a Who's The Boss? fan.