The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 20, 2014, 06:05:15 PM
Next question.  What was the second Simon & Schuster imprint that the Casefiles were published under?

Simon Pulse, is it? :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Wow- here's a thread I haven't seen in a while.  :) ;D 8) Maybe we can finally get the answer to this question now.  :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on December 30, 2015, 11:32:40 PM
Wow- here's a thread I haven't seen in a while.  :) ;D 8) Maybe we can finally get the answer to this question now.  :)

I hope so! :D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on December 29, 2015, 11:48:49 PM
Simon Pulse, is it? :)

Yeah, Simon Pulse was the answer and only one book was published under the imprint: Dead On Target.  It was published in 2002 by accident, along with Illegal Procedure as someone at Simon & Schuster was given the job of reprinting Mystery Stories titles, and for some reason this person thought Target and Procedure were part of the Mystery Stories.  And, as far as anyone knows, the printer just reused the Archway printing plates for Procedure (with the exception of taking the 1 off the copyright page), even though the Archway imprint was no longer in use by 2002, but the changed the plates for Target so that the book came out under the Simon Pulse imprint, and the copyright page even mentions that the book was first published by Archway and Simon Pulse is its second publisher.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 05, 2016, 07:53:50 AM
Yeah, Simon Pulse was the answer and only one book was published under the imprint: Dead On Target.  It was published in 2002 by accident, along with Illegal Procedure as someone at Simon & Schuster was given the job of reprinting Mystery Stories titles, and for some reason this person thought Target and Procedure were part of the Mystery Stories.  And, as far as anyone knows, the printer just reused the Archway printing plates for Procedure (with the exception of taking the 1 off the copyright page), even though the Archway imprint was no longer in use by 2002, but the changed the plates for Target so that the book came out under the Simon Pulse imprint, and the copyright page even mentions that the book was first published by Archway and Simon Pulse is its second publisher.

Cool info, tomswift2002. 8)

Next question: What season was it when Frank and Joe dealt with radioactive danger while trying to find a missing rocket scientist?

MacGyver

QuoteYeah, Simon Pulse was the answer and only one book was published under the imprint: Dead On Target.  It was published in 2002 by accident, along with Illegal Procedure as someone at Simon & Schuster was given the job of reprinting Mystery Stories titles, and for some reason this person thought Target and Procedure were part of the Mystery Stories.  And, as far as anyone knows, the printer just reused the Archway printing plates for Procedure (with the exception of taking the 1 off the copyright page), even though the Archway imprint was no longer in use by 2002, but the changed the plates for Target so that the book came out under the Simon Pulse imprint, and the copyright page even mentions that the book was first published by Archway and Simon Pulse is its second publisher.
Nice! I remember when both those books suddenly showed up again in stores back in 2002. That was pretty cool to see The Hardy Boys Casefiles on the book shelves again, long after the run had finished. In fact, I think my copy of Illegal Procedure is that particular printing. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

As to the question at hand.... summer?

Hardy Sleuth

tomswift2002

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 06, 2016, 07:17:33 AM
Winter?

That's correct! :) The book is The Firebird Rocket. 8) Your turn, tomswift2002! :)

tomswift2002

The Hardy Boys meet the actress who would later play the future wife of Chief O'Brien in The Secret Of The Jade Kwan Yin.  Who was the actress?

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 13, 2016, 09:55:11 AM
The Hardy Boys meet the actress who would later play the future wife of Chief O'Brien in The Secret Of The Jade Kwan Yin.  Who was the actress?

I have to admit, I don't know, I'm not all that familiar with the tv shows. I could look it up...but maybe someone else knows. :)

MacGyver

I know Chief O'Brien's wife's name is Keiko. The actress' name will come to me eventually too....

MacGyver

Oh wait- it just hit me. Rosalind Chao.