1969 Hardy Boys Cartoon

Started by CalvinKnox, December 15, 2017, 09:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalvinKnox

What do people think of the Hardy Boys cartoon show?  I kind of like how the are mostly based on the books.  Strangely enough for someone born 25 years after this show, it was my first introduction to the Hardy Boys since my grandmother had a view master reel from the show

MacGyver

Wow- that is a pretty unique introduction to The Hardy Boys for sure. I haven't seen enough of the cartoon to have much of a strong opinion but I like it well enough as a Hardy Boys adaptation. It's not my favourite (that would be the '70s live action show :) 8)) but I think it's pretty cool. I dig the music aspect but it makes the show way too cramped to adequately fit a mystery into the time slot- thus you get a super compressed and rushed show. Nonetheless, each episode is based on the books and the series offers the most adaptations of The Hardy Boys books. No other series can make that claim.
   I have the comic books based on the cartoon. I would think that would help flesh out the cartoons some but I don't know that they really do.
Anyway, despite all its flaws, I'd still love to see the series get a complete series release on DVD. 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

CalvinKnox

I've only seen about 10 different mysteries.  Length of episodes and Chubby Morton's voice are my biggest problems with it, well, and I also can't understand why they are diving around in a 1910s Rolls Royce.

tomswift2002

https://web.archive.org/web/20160830010805/popcultureaddict.com/interviews/jefftaylor/

Thought this might be of interest.  It's about Jeff Taylor who was "Joe Hardy" on the records and in the live action group.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca