Where is Bayport?

Started by MacGyver, August 16, 2013, 10:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Ah- the age old question. We all know Bayport is the hometown of Frank and Joe Hardy. And we know it's somewhere in the United States of America. But exactly where is Bayport? Is Bayport a real town or city? Is it in New York? Is it in Massachusetts? (as The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries stated.)
I ran across this site that claims that Bayport is indeed a real city in New York. Interesting. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

That's cool- so others have heard this too then.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I know that some people have gone to Bayport, New York (it's on the southern tip of Long Island), however the Bayport described in the books seems to be set on the northern shore of Long Island.

The Casefiles state that Bayport is in New York.

But, don't forget that in the Undercover Brothers seemed to have Bayport existing in both New York and New Jersey! 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Oh yes- we can always count on the Undercover Brothers books for maintaining continuity- (NOT!) Lol  ;D

VLoneWolf

Maybe in the Under Cover Brothers Bayport is big enough to fit in to two different states.  Not like though.

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 16, 2013, 04:06:01 PM
....The Casefiles state that Bayport is in New York....

And after all this time I finally documented where in the casefiles it says this.   Page 2 of Casefile #19

MacGyver

Nice! Thanks for the update on this. :) 8)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I'm thinking New York, where in the UB's did it say New Jersey?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Katie on January 19, 2016, 08:56:29 PM
I'm thinking New York, where in the UB's did it say New Jersey?

Offhand I believe it was #16 Bayport Buccanneers that stated.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

CalvinKnox

Many Casefiles definitely state that Bayport is in New York State, but since it is supposed to be a costal city, that would seem to place it on Long Island.  In Cult of Crime they take a freight train (most likely a Conrail or D&H train) from Upstate NY back to Bayport with no mention of NYC.  If Bayport was on Long Island, the train would have been broken up in a freight yard before it was near Bayport, this almost makes Bayport sound like it is one of the former industrial cities along the Hudson River.  Maybe I'm over thinking it, but Long Island seems to be too crowded with suburbs and NYC to fit all the towns, farms, and forested areas that seem to be around Bayport, as well as no small islands like Cabin Island and Blacksnake Island from the Original text books. 

RoyalChief

I always had in my mind Bayport being in Florida for some reason.....strange.  But, that was when I was much younger.