ATAC is GOOD!!

Started by Jokerette, July 13, 2008, 11:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokerette

It is highly unlikely that the Hardys would run into so many cases.They need ATAC to get their cases. The Network was always not wanting them on missions, not sending them on missions! >:(
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

NZone

Thats exactly why i hate ATAC. The Hardy Boys are not just agents who do someones

bidding, they are supposed to be off doing something that all of us do, then stumble

upon a case. You can relate to them like that. The Hardy Boys will be doing something

like shopping (something we can relate to) when all of a sudden they find a sales clerk

dead or something. Its really hard to relate to the Hardys when they're getting super-

secret equipment and messages from a secret agency a la Mission: Impossible. Since i

am a secret CIA agent who dabbles in international intrigue and gets cool gadgets all

the time as well as being a top government hitman-assasin, i can semi-relate to them,

but the average reader cannot anymore.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

I agree with negative-zone.  S&S has turned the Hardy Boys into the sons of James Bond who work for MI-6 than two boys who stumble on cases and the cases are cases of spontanaity, unlike the ATAC cases where it seems that the HArdy's are always solving murder. 

No, ATAC must go, Yes ATAC MOST DEFINETLY NEEDS A BOOT OUT THE DOOR.

Quote from: negative_zone on July 13, 2008, 05:49:12 PM
Thats exactly why i hate ATAC. The Hardy Boys are not just agents who do someones

bidding, they are supposed to be off doing something that all of us do, then stumble

upon a case. You can relate to them like that. The Hardy Boys will be doing something

like shopping (something we can relate to) when all of a sudden they find a sales clerk

dead or something. Its really hard to relate to the Hardys when they're getting super-

secret equipment and messages from a secret agency a la Mission: Impossible. Since i

am a secret CIA agent who dabbles in international intrigue and gets cool gadgets all

the time as well as being a top government hitman-assasin, i can semi-relate to them,
Really?  Or are you just yanking a few legs?

but the average reader cannot anymore.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

thats classfied. I could tell ya, but then i'd have to kill ya.  ;)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

Well, I don't always like ATAC because they give them all these gadgets (as opposed to using their brains - but I guess the stories are getting better on that), and the plots sometimes seem so contrived in that you feel that you are just watching something fake. In addition, the cases are almost always perfectly wrapped up/solved with everybody happy. Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit, and I understand that "gadgets" do not always have to be these large super-secret things, that they can be something simple like a good cell phone or GPS, which is reasonable.

But the real Hardy Boys would depend on their wits and want to help others i.e. the common person, and not just go after the big guys. They also run into more realistic complications, and things are never black-and-white and solved completely (I mean not just cases being solved, but the things that happen in people's lives that will be hard to forgot or difficult to recover from).

Bigfootman

Almost broke into laughter reading the title. (No offence)

ATAC ruined the series. Now the Hardy Boys just go on random missions without finding there own myisteries.

Kinda ruins the point of the series dosn't it?

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Quote from: Bigfootman on July 14, 2008, 06:40:43 PM
ATAC ruined the series. Now the Hardy Boys just go on random missions without finding there own myisteries.

I have to disagree with you there, I don't think it's ATAC it's self that was ruined the series, rather I think it's how ATAC has been used. If ATAC was not so overkill and not in every single book I think we would not be so sick of it!

Bigfootman

I woudn't mind if ATAC only appeared in a few books, but EVERY CASE must be assigned by ATAC! This is getting crazy!

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

What are the Hardy's?  Foot soldiers or generals?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Jokerette

like i  said befor, you just don't run into mysteries! besides, the wrld is full of crime. also,in some books they make mention of their regular lifes, something all of us can relate to.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

NZone

Once there was a group named ATAC
The writers who wrote them didnt know Jack
Readers were unpleased with the books
They didnt even like the cover's looks
There were some naive readers who liked them
They thought the books were a gem
But they failed to realize that they
Werent as good as the ones with Mr. Gray ;)

tomswift2002

Quote from: Bigfootman on July 14, 2008, 06:40:43 PM
Almost broke into laughter reading the title. (No offence)

Gotta agree with you on that.

tomswift2002

Hey here's a good plot for an ATAC book:

The Hardy's girlfriend's, Callie and Iola are getting worried that Frank and Joe might be cheating on them.  Instead of hiring a couple of Detectives, Callie and Iola become detectives and figure out that the Hardy's are cheating on them---being with tons of beautiful girls on their ATAC investigations. 

Bigfootman

People do run into miyisteries. For example I just learned that my favote computer was missing and I still can't find it! So Firefox, don't use that silly argument. It's quite easy to run into myisteries. 

Most Recent Post:

NZone