Arthur Applegate

Started by tomswift2002, July 28, 2007, 06:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Here's a new character for the UB series.  Arthur Applegate.  Can anyone say Hurd Applegate?  What is up with this guy?  He has the same last name as Bayport's famous millionaire, but he owns a mall!    Why did S&S have to drag this famous name into the muck of the UB series?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Kerin

Its like they're reusing the same ideas from the older books and puting them in the new ones.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

SkyWarp

The casefiles also did this with Applegate also.  They actually used Hurd instead of a "relative" though.  It doesn't bother me much in this instance though, as they its not actually Hurd.  In fact, I sort of like these types of references.  What I don't like is when they take established characters and change their characteristics. 

Kerin

[quoteWhat I don't like is when they take established characters and change their characteristics. 
[/quote]

Me either they changed them to much.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Centrion

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. And I agree, wen you change the characteristics of an already established character, you don't know what to think.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

SDLagent

Quote from: SkyWarp on July 28, 2007, 06:19:13 PM
The casefiles also did this with Applegate also.  They actually used Hurd instead of a "relative" though.
Which Casefile is he in?  ???

tomswift2002

I remember Hurd Applegate being in one of the early Casefiles, but I don't recall exactly which one (I think it might even be Borgia Dagger, though I'm not sure).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

I know its not The Borgia Dagger because I read that book yesterday.

tomswift2002

Well, its one of the books that takes place in Bayport.  Anyone else know?  (I know for sure that it is not Dead On Target.)

SDLagent

Hurd Applegate isn?t in SkyWarp?s database yet so he?s not in any of the first four Casefiles or #13.   

tomswift2002

And Arthur Applegate isn't in the ATAC database yet either.

Lola

Hurd Applegate appears in Tower of Treasure(I believe that is the title of the Blue Spine)

SkyWarp

Okay, okay, all you little weasels.   :P

Do we really want to give out an answer to the contest?  I think I should probably lock this topic until the contest is over.   ;D

Sam Spade

Not that it matters, but the book is called 'The Tower Treasure'.
It is the first book in the Blue-Spine series. ;D
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SDLagent

Quote from: Sam Spade on August 30, 2007, 02:08:15 PM
Not that it matters, but the book is called 'The Tower Treasure'.
It is the first book in the Blue-Spine series. ;D

I know that, I was asking which Casefile he appears in.