The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers are Lost!

Started by SDLagent, March 11, 2010, 03:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The cover for The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers #35 "The Lost Brother" has been revealed on Amazon.com. Meanwhile, book #36, entitled "Forever Lost", has been confirmed. These two titles, the last two chapters in the upcoming Lost Mystery Trilogy, will be released on October 12, 2010 and January 4, 2011, respectively.

tomswift2002

Joe doesn't look too worried on the cover.  And what's up with that hideous tent in those "Sixth Sense" woods?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Interesting covers and titles. The whole thing seems reminiscent of a Hardy Boys version of The Blair Witch Project. (Which I really hope it's not.)  I also hope it's not the Hardys doing some stupid reality show type thing again. Maybe this was done to play off the Lost series ending?
   By the way, I wonder if Simon & Schuster is aware that both cover arts for "The Children of The Lost" and "The Lost Brother" claim to be Book One of The Lost Mystery Trilogy?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I hope it's not a Blair Witch Project rip off or even referring to the Lost series finale (which is in about 9 weeks). Please let it be something interesting, dangerous, and full of action! I wouldn't mind some humor thrown in there too!

As for Joe not looking concerned...if Frank is missing, he better be concerned! Although he doesn't look like the image of Joe I have in my head anyways....

We shall find out in another 7 months?? Joy.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

I don't think they told Joe's model to look concerned- just to look tough and cool. 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

At least it's one of the Hardys that's lost and not some one else's brother. I don't know how that will work with the first person narrative, though.

MacGyver

That does kind of kill the mystery of searching for a lost person if we're getting commentary from Frank on exactly where he is and what he's doing to get back home... I don't know how they'll handle that. And though from the cover art it's probably likely that Frank has gone missing, I don't know if we can definitively say that just yet.

SDLagent

These new covers aren't great and are, sometimes, just down-right bad, but I like that you can get I little bit of an idea of what the story might be like. You can at least make a good guess, anyways, which you couldn't do with the random stock photos that the series used to use for cover "art".

MacGyver

True- at least The Hardy Boys are featured again on the covers of their own books!

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on March 12, 2010, 09:05:44 AM
True- at least The Hardy Boys are featured again on the covers of their own books!

Yay! Very true...but do you prefer these strange photograph type of covers or the old illustrated ones?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

"Old illustrated ones". I've never been a fan of photos on book cover which is used for so many books these days.

SkyWarp

Quote from: SDLagent on March 12, 2010, 03:57:11 PM
"Old illustrated ones". I've never been a fan of photos on book cover which is used for so many books these days.

AMEN!  Do away with the photos PLEASE!!!!

4567TME

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on March 11, 2010, 03:26:24 PM
   By the way, I wonder if Simon & Schuster is aware that both cover arts for "The Children of The Lost" and "The Lost Brother" claim to be Book One of The Lost Mystery Trilogy?

Well that wouldn't be the first time in this series that S&S has messed up on the numbering of the series.  Remember Haunted and Murder House #3?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

I repeat. The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers are lost.