February 19-25, 2012 TV Show Club- The Hardy Boys ('90s)- "The Curse"

Started by MacGyver, February 20, 2012, 11:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Post your thoughts, comments and reviews of the episode "The Curse" of the 1990s The Hardy Boys television series here.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I will go ahead and post a few quick thoughts here. "The Curse" is probably one of my favorite episodes of this series, mainly because it features the appearance of Chet Morton. I think Mark Lutz did a great job protraying him- we get to see Chet's trademark excessive eating and a bit of his wide range of interests and hobbies- the storyline of him going to a fortune teller and thinking he's now cursed seems to be typical of something we might see from Chet in the books. He definitely is seen as having some superstitious beliefs in the books as well (The Clue of the Screeching Owl mainly comes to mind)- so this seems to be in keeping with his character. He made the episode pretty funny with his frantic calling on Frank and Joe for help. I think it was a great episode overall.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I remembered one other thing about this episode. If I recall correctly, I think it's the one episode of this show I remember seeing in its original run. (I may have caught others that aired but I think it didn't air on any channels I got where I was living at the time and I seem to recall seeing this episode at random visiting someone else's house or something...)