February 5-11, 2012 TV Show Club- The Hardy Boys ('90s)- "Telling Lies"

Started by MacGyver, February 06, 2012, 02:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Post your thoughts, comments and reviews of the "Telling Lies" episode of The Hardy Boys (1990s) show here.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

The plot of this episode seems familiar to me from some other shows- again, not that it is necessarily a bad plot, but it does seem to have been done in different ways before. Essentially, Frank and Joe are dealing with a young boy who is telling stories of a "monster" that seem far-fetched, but then The Hardy Boys find there may be something to the stories and suddenly find themselves investigating the mystery.  Other variations of this plot might include, the "Werewolf" episode of Superboy, for one, as well as the "Imaginary Friend" episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. (True, these are not exactly similar to this episode, but some of the plot details remind me of them.) Anyway, from what I recall, a pretty decent episode overall.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

It was interesting how the subdivision sign was so inspired by the Jetson's, plus with the whole thing being named for different parts of outer space.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca