Season 3 Sound Clips

Started by hardygirl847, June 01, 2010, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay- cool. I've heard of the Me Too station as well- there's a couple of similar retro-style local stations all around the USA now, it seems. If I'm not mistaken, I think I might even get that Retro TV station myself- in which case, I'm definitely exploring this possibility now for the chance of finally seeing The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries airing on TV (and hopefully the Season 3 episodes at that.) :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Yeah! Definitely check into that! They are going out of order, so who knows how long they will actually be airing the Season 3 episodes! I hope they do all 10 of them. This week will be the 2nd episode from Season 3.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Here's a few other sites to check out for more on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show.
http://www.annelockhart.com/site/main.htm
(Anne Lockhart's official site- includes some pictures from her guest spots in "Mystery on the African Safari" and "The Last Kiss of Summer" (Parts 1 and 2).

http://web.archive.org/web/20011218020857/http://www.lostinthepast.net/Hardy/hardyboys.html
(Tons of screenshots from various Hardy Boys episodes- mainly Season 1 and 2, although "Search for Atlantis" is in there too and some shots from TV Land airings- which included some Season 3 episodes. (Also, I'm pretty sure these are from a female fan so there's some of those drool-worthy for girls/incredibly weird-ugh type for guys pictures on here.)

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

And assuming this is still current, you can try contacting this guy, who apparently has some first generation video taped episodes for trade. http://home.comcast.net/~jsage145603mi/HardyBoys.htm

MacGyver

Okay- quick update on the Retro Television situation- unfortunately, I can't seem to access the channel at my place. However, I do have some family that can get the channel and I was able to watch The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries on TV there tonight! That was really cool! And apparently, this station is in a Season 2 rotation right now, as "The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom" (Part 1) aired tonight. Maybe eventually the third season will roll around on there and I can tape some episodes that way. :D  (Or maybe Universal will finally put fans out of their misery and just release the 10 episodes on DVD already!) Still hoping for it someday...

hardygirl847

YAY at least you can watch it somewhere!! :) I just watched Search for Atlantis and really liked it!! I will have to post a review later. Is that the one you own though?

As for the DVDs, I'm not holding my breath but I'm not giving up either!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Yeah, I've got "Search for Atlantis" on the officially released VHS tape from 1987. Great episode- I want to see the other 9 now. For a TV completist (and completist in general) this is really agonizing to being that close to watching the whole series but still not quite there.

MacGyver

Okay- got some cool news on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries on TV front. As noted earlier in the thread, Retro Television Network currently airs the show Sunday evenings (the same time it originally aired in the late '70s! Cool! 8)). However, for those who can't pull in this channel with their antennas or for those who just don't have this channel in your area, you can try watching it online through one of the RTN affiliate's online stream!
Check out this website for more details if you're interested- http://www.tvobscurities.com/2010/06/watch-retro-television-network-affiliate-kvhc-online/
Keep in mind that it is a live feed and it is based in Texas. (So of course you'll have to adjust for whatever time zone you're in.)
But there's another option for fans who want a way to watch the show - I don't know for sure what their rotation schedule is, but hopefully they will air all of the Season 3 episodes, so fans can have a way to watch them finally.
As soon as I get a chance, I will definitely be testing this out and I'll let you know what I find out. There's lots of other cool '70s and '80s shows on this station too, so check those out as well. (And even older stuff from the '50s- lots of good shows.)
    Incidentally, the rest of TVobscurities.com is definitely worth checking out too- great website for obscure television shows of the past. :) 8)

hardygirl847

Awesome! I didn't even think to look into an online stream of it.

MacGyver

Hmm- so far on this online stream I keep getting footage of interviews with NASA personnel and such. I will keep exploring this and try to find out if The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries actually does air on this like I'm thinking it should though.
(And if not, I'll just have to keep seeking it out- I'll let you all know as I find things...) :)

MacGyver

Okay- bad news on the online stream. It seems that RTN is no longer allowing it to stream their programming, thus KVHC is streaming these NASA shows...
I ran across this information in a post on another forum I frequent sometimes and the poster seemed to indicate that this was the official word he had gotten from KVHC in an email, but they are working on other programming- hence the NASA and science shows, I guess.
Oh well- I'll let you know if I find out anything else on Season 3 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. But for those who get the Retro Television Network- check their national listings as the show is airing across the USA at least.

hardygirl847

Weird!

And bad news on my end too....Seems Nancy Drew will start airing on the 18th with A Haunting We Will Go. Did they really just tease me with 3 Season 3 episodes??! GRRRR times a million!

MacGyver

Apparently, the schedule is not very consistent. Oh well- at least you got to see a few Season 3 episodes. Hopefully they'll eventually get back to the rest of the episodes for the season. Enjoy some Nancy Drew in the meantime and The Hardy Boys will be around soon enough, I'm sure. :)

hardygirl847

I shall wait for my boys to return. I am not a big Nancy fan. But like you said, at least I got to see a few. :)

MacGyver

Well, this took some doing but I was able to get some information on Retro Television Network's airing of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. Now keep in mind that this channel services stations all over the USA, but it's not necessarily the only one airing this show. As hardygirl847 mentioned, Me Too is also airing the show and their license might be different on what episodes they can air.
However, for Retro Television Network's national feed (which would dictate the local feed anywhere in the USA I'm pretty sure), they only have the license to air 4 of the Season 3 episodes.
So, if you have this channel you can look forward to seeing these episodes at some point on there- "Assault on the Tower", "Search for Atlantis", "Dangerous Waters", and "Scorpion's Sting". I wish they were airing all of Season 3, but at least this is still more episodes than is available on VHS or DVD at this point.
Me Too's license and schedule might be different, so it may be worth calling or emailing their program department to see what episodes they can air and plan to air.
     By the way, one nice thing I heard about The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries is that for the Retro Television Network's market, this is one of their most popular shows and it's not going anywhere. :D 8)