Season 3 Sound Clips

Started by hardygirl847, June 01, 2010, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Here's a Parker Stevenson/HB site that has a few sound clips from Season 3, the "lost" season....

There are only a few and short. However, enjoy!

http://1forparker.tripod.com/parkerstevenson/id6.html

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Cool! Nice find. After watching "Search for Atlantis" on the officially released VHS I ordered a while back, it's only left me wanting to see the rest of Season 3- but I'm still wanting to steel myself and see the whole thing on an official release- like on DVD. (But at this point, I'm about ready to watch off of Youtube if someone actually posts the rest of the episodes. (I know "The Last Kiss of Summer" [Parts 1 and 2] is on there already- I'm trying to be patient...)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Thanks. :)

Ugh! Isn't it super frustrating??! I just changed to At&t U verse and saw that the Hardy Boys are playing on channel 48. It's on Sunday so I don't know which episode it is (the info has a generic summary). I am hoping it is a Season 3 episode but I'm not getting my hopes up. I really hope the powers that be distribute the DVD within the next year. I don't know what they are waiting for. There are lots of people who would definitely buy it.

Also, please tell me how you got a VHS copy of an episode???

I have seen the Last Kiss of Summer part 1 and 2 on Youtube. It's not the best quality but it's definitely better than nothing. I was hoping that same person would upload more but nothing new is up yet. After reading about that season, there are parts I am really looking forward to and others I'm not sure I will like. For instance, the boys aren't together as much which always seems odd to me. I understand getting separate clues but maybe for an afternoon...not the whole investigation. Oh well...either way I am REALLY looking forward to finally seeing it. I fear I will be at my first (not yet born) child's graduation before it comes out.  :'(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, a number of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew episodes were released to VHS by Universal in 1985. (Most all of the 1st. season episodes for both the Hardys and Nancy and some 2nd. season Hardy Boys episode as well one of the few solo Nancy Drew episodes of the 2nd. season.) In 1987, Goodtimes Home Video got the license from Universal and released 2 more episodes- another of the few 2nd. season solo Nancy Drew episodes ("The Lady on Thursday at Ten") and a 3rd. season episode of The Hardy Boys- ("Search for Atlantis").
(The Hardy Boys Wiki has a pretty good page detailing all of these releases if you're interested.) Those VHS tapes are how I first got introduced to the series- I loved the books and I borrowed all the episodes available on VHS from my local library back when I was younger.
I got a copy of "Search for Atlantis" on Amazon.com (there's one for sale now for about 7 bucks)- but you can probably find it on Ebay too.
http://www.amazon.com/Hardy-Boys-Search-Atlantis/dp/B00069KJX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275543504&sr=8-1
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

By the way- the pictures, descriptions and sound files on that site were great!!! Of course, that really just served to make me want to see the rest of Season 3 all the more! Come on, Universal- just 10 more episodes on DVD to finish The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries series! :-\

SDLagent

You can watch the two-episode premiere of Season Three, "The Last Kiss of Summer" on YouTube. Unfortunately, it's very poor quality, but it's better then nothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XlnKjpD-Bk

MacGyver

QuoteI just changed to At&t U verse and saw that the Hardy Boys are playing on channel 48. It's on Sunday so I don't know which episode it is (the info has a generic summary).
That's cool that the show is back on TV again somewhere. I don't think The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show has aired since TV Land was playing it for a little while back around 1999-2000 or so...

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on June 03, 2010, 12:44:10 AM
Well, a number of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew episodes were released to VHS by Universal in 1985. (Most all of the 1st. season episodes for both the Hardys and Nancy and some 2nd. season Hardy Boys episode as well one of the few solo Nancy Drew episodes of the 2nd. season.) In 1987, Goodtimes Home Video got the license from Universal and released 2 more episodes- another of the few 2nd. season solo Nancy Drew episodes ("The Lady on Thursday at Ten") and a 3rd. season episode of The Hardy Boys- ("Search for Atlantis").
(The Hardy Boys Wiki has a pretty good page detailing all of these releases if you're interested.) Those VHS tapes are how I first got introduced to the series- I loved the books and I borrowed all the episodes available on VHS from my local library back when I was younger.
I got a copy of "Search for Atlantis" on Amazon.com (there's one for sale now for about 7 bucks)- but you can probably find it on Ebay too.
http://www.amazon.com/Hardy-Boys-Search-Atlantis/dp/B00069KJX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275543504&sr=8-1

Wow thanks for the info!!! I am heading over there right away! :)

Quote from: MacGyver on June 03, 2010, 01:04:40 AM
By the way- the pictures, descriptions and sound files on that site were great!!! Of course, that really just served to make me want to see the rest of Season 3 all the more! Come on, Universal- just 10 more episodes on DVD to finish The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries series! :-\

Glad you liked them! I love when I find something new (or new to me)! However, it had the same affect on me too! It's frustrating me even MORE to not have Season 3 at my fingertips. I recently read that Netflix had Season 3 for watching instantly but it's not on there anymore. Good sign or bad sign? Hmm...there is more of a description than before though...

Quote from: SDLagent on June 03, 2010, 01:50:21 AM
You can watch the two-episode premiere of Season Three, "The Last Kiss of Summer" on YouTube. Unfortunately, it's very poor quality, but it's better then nothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XlnKjpD-Bk

Yeah the quality is bleh but definitely better than nothing!

Quote from: MacGyver on June 03, 2010, 11:02:38 AM
That's cool that the show is back on TV again somewhere. I don't think The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show has aired since TV Land was playing it for a little while back around 1999-2000 or so...

Yes, it is VERY cool! :) I was shocked at first and then jumping up and down when I found it on my guide. I will have to follow up in a few days and let you know what episode it was. I don't care which one obviously but season 3 would be preferred. :D

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 02, 2010, 07:08:38 PM
I am hoping it is a Season 3 episode but I'm not getting my hopes up. I really hope the powers that be distribute the DVD within the next year. I don't know what they are waiting for. There are lots of people who would definitely buy it.

I'd like to see Season 3 on DVD as well, but from what I've been able to find out, Season 2 wasn't exactly a "hot" enough seller for Universal to consider releasing Season 3.

However Shout! Factory has acquired the license to several Universal shows, so it could be that the license for The Hardy Boys Season 3 on DVD is with Shout right now, which might be a good thing, considering that they've restarted a lot of stalled Universal TV-on-DVD series such as Adam-12 and Dragnet 1967/68/69/70.

So you might want to send emails or letters to Universal and Shout asking them to release the final season.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Thanks for the info, dude. Yeah- I'm seriously thinking I'm gonna contact both to see what they say on it.

hardygirl847

I actually emailed Shout! Factory a few months ago. At that time, they had no desire or ability to release Season 3. I might even still have the email. The person did say to check back though...so let us know what you find out if you contact them.

MacGyver

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 04, 2010, 12:24:57 PM
I actually emailed Shout! Factory a few months ago. At that time, they had no desire or ability to release Season 3. I might even still have the email. The person did say to check back though...so let us know what you find out if you contact them.

Well Shout does have their own forum, so it might be a good idea to keep an eye out there incase they announce it there first.

But one thing that might be holding Season 3 up from being released by other DVD studios is that it is the only season left to release.  So the studio would only have 1 release with the series instead of the possibility of 2 or more releases (unless they enter into a distribution deal to distribute the whole series on DVD in a complete collection, like Shout did with Leave It To Beaver where up to Season 2 or 3 had been released by its original studio, but then shout only acquired the distribution rights to those seasons only for inclusion in the complete set, so Shout could not distribute those Seasons by themselves outside of the complete series).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

If you ask me, it's just a bunch of crap. They should just release it and be done with it. I hope they are not waiting for the Hardy Men movie to come out in 2012. I will still buy it but I really don't know how much the movie will help its sales in the first place.

Update on TV watching....Sole Survivor "aired" today! It was the first episode I watched on Youtube and was HOOKED. So even though it wasn't Season 3, it was still exciting. The info for the episode did not appear until yesterday I think. That means I won't know about next week's until right before it airs. Weird....

MacGyver

QuoteUpdate on TV watching....Sole Survivor "aired" today! It was the first episode I watched on Youtube and was HOOKED. So even though it wasn't Season 3, it was still exciting.
Cool! Well, I would think the channel would have the rights to air all 3 seasons, so I guess if the next episode that airs is "Voodoo Doll" (Part 1)- then I guess they're going in order. And maybe they will get to the Season 3 Hardy Boys episodes. I can see why it's only being aired once a week- with 46 episodes total to air, I'm sure they want to stretch it out. So when it hopefully does get to the third season episodes, get the VCR/DVR, etc. ready. :)