What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay- that's the lot of them. Enjoy! :) 8)  Let me know if any aren't loading correctly for you. Thanks.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I've been running across a couple of the original text Hardy Boys books lately- the PC printings from later years, that is. They are in generally nice shape and pretty cheap- I've almost considered getting a few (particularly at this one used book store where I have credit from things I've sold to them- so I have enough store credit to pick up some used books for free now. :D)
       But I'm mainly only doing this for condition now- if I find a book in better condition than the one I have and it's not too bad on price- then I might pick it up. But sometimes I pick up some books for cheap like the ones I got at the library book sale this last weekend and then later come to find out that- one book is about cracked down the middle, so even though the cover and spine are in nice shape- I'm sticking with the copy I've got for now. And the other book I already have another copy of anyway. Oh well- those kinds of books either get donated somewhere or put back into an Ebay auction or something. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on April 29, 2013, 08:54:40 AM
I've been running across a couple of the original text Hardy Boys books lately- the PC printings from later years, that is. They are in generally nice shape and pretty cheap- I've almost considered getting a few (particularly at this one used book store where I have credit from things I've sold to them- so I have enough store credit to pick up some used books for free now. :D)
       But I'm mainly only doing this for condition now- if I find a book in better condition than the one I have and it's not too bad on price- then I might pick it up. But sometimes I pick up some books for cheap like the ones I got at the library book sale this last weekend and then later come to find out that- one book is about cracked down the middle, so even thoug the cover and spine are in nice shape- I'm sticking with the copy I've got for now. And the other book I already have another copy of anyway. Oh well- those kinds of books either get donated somewhere or put back into an Ebay auction or something. :) 8)

That's a great deal, to be able to get HB books with your store credit! :) And that's fun, too, finding the books and then seeing which ones are in better shape! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Yeah- I'm enough of a regular customer there that I've bought plenty of books from this store as well as sold some back to them- it's a good deal. You should check your local used book stores- a number of them do such store credit deals. Some even give cash! :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 01, 2013, 01:47:06 PM
Yeah- I'm enough of a regular customer there that I've bought plenty of books from this store as well as sold some back to them- it's a good deal. You should check your local used book stores- a number of them do such store credit deals. Some even give cash! :) 8)

Very cool! :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

Judah-Ben-Hur

Not counting the Nancy, Dana, and Chip Hilton scores, I nabbed an upgrade of High Speed Showdown that will be the archive copy and will allow be to take the Ex-library copy as my reading copy. The great thing about library book sales, is that you can always find a good digest if your lucky. If your really lucky you'll find a early PC or a like-new casefile. If your not lucky, you'll get stuck with those icky 70s PC that are always skinny and look like they were dragged through the mud :P
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Nice! Yeah, you can always find good stuff at library sales. Just recently I found some series titles myself at a library sale, but it was mainly other series and not too much on The Hardy Boys- but I did wind up buying an original text PC Grossett & Dunlap book-  that was nice.

Hardy Sleuth

Judah-Ben-Hur

Just got Secret of the Red Arrow in the mail today. It looks really thin ,but I measured it against the flashlight edition of #63 but their the same thickness. I believe the boards are thicker on Arrow as #63 is a good 20-25 pages longer.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Cool! I still want to get the hardcover copy of that book too. My latest item I've picked up is the audio book version of The Missing Chums on cassette tape that I found at a thrift store. :) 8) (I got this and another book or two and maybe 4 or 5 VHS tapes for 75 cents. Pretty good deal. :) 8)

Judah-Ben-Hur

Not bad!
I like the hardcover it's really tall though, the paper is the best part. It's almost like the paper Applewood used on their facsimiles.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Judah-Ben-Hur on May 10, 2013, 06:30:32 PM
Not bad!
I like the hardcover it's really tall though, the paper is the best part. It's almost like the paper Applewood used on their facsimiles.

If you're referring to Arrow, it's paper stock is not even close to the Applewood stock.  The Applewood paper is a thick, very low acidic stock, whereas S&S is using a thinned, higher acidic stock.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Judah-Ben-Hur

Hmm, I thought it did, but then again I've not opened an applewood in ages. *goes to check bookshelf* Yep , your right... but it is the same paper stock that Aladdin used in their Oz collection I have here! Maybe I was thinking that. XD (Soooo many books go through my hands...). seems a wee bit more pulpy. Sorry.

Judah-Ben-Hur

Scored at the used bookstore with papercutz #13, UB#4 (I don't know what I was thinking ,but at the register it was too late).

MacGyver

Sweet! As I know I've said before, the graphic novels are the best representation of the Undercover Brothers universe as far as I'm concerned. :)  8)