Bonfire Masquerade- #5 NDGD/HBUB Supermystery book

Started by MacGyver, October 07, 2010, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

I don't think they're even dating, she's only been mentioned like twice....
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 10, 2011, 11:24:29 AM
Okay- so he's essentially the girl-crazy Archie Andrews analog that he was in the Casefiles. (Only with Iola alive in this continuity- but he's apparently not tied down to her or anything.)

Are you kidding? ;D With as many missions as they have, how can he? ???

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on February 10, 2011, 11:24:29 AM
Okay- so he's essentially the girl-crazy Archie Andrews analog that he was in the Casefiles. (Only with Iola alive in this continuity- but he's apparently not tied down to her or anything.)

Yeah, pretty much. Except, for some unknown reason, most girls in the UB continuity seem to ignore Joe.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: SDLagent on February 10, 2011, 08:01:27 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Except, for some unknown reason, most girls in the UB continuity seem to ignore Joe.

Yeah that stinks, I mean Frank's had like 4 girlfriends and nobody's even looked twice at my Joe yet!!! :o
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Wow- that's definitely a switch from the Casefiles and Digests then. (Well, more so Casefiles really- Joe was definitely going out with Iola in the Digests, but he seems to be the most outgoing and friendly, especially towards girls, even in that series.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

But even stupider than that is that Frank doesn't know how to act around girls. He's painfully shy and makes a fool out of himself but the girls don't seem to notice. This has been downplayed in more recent books, though, and was almost completely ignored in the graphic novels.

MacGyver

Hmm- that characterization for Frank and Joe reminds me of Cody and Zack on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and its spinoff, The Suite Life on Deck.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 10, 2011, 08:01:27 PM

Why do you think that is?

MacGyver

SDLagent

Or maybe it's just bad writing and trying too hard to make Frank and Joe "different".

Olivia

Quote from: SDLagent on February 11, 2011, 09:34:12 PM
Or maybe it's just bad writing and trying too hard to make Frank and Joe "different".

I think it's also suppose to be funny.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Olivia

It has the capacity to be funny, but things can be overdone.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

SDLagent