Here Come The Hardy Boys (1969 Hardy Boys Album)

Started by tomswift2002, March 05, 2011, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I was just on iTunes, and I saw that the Hardy Boys 1969 album Here Come The Hardy Boys has been released for sale by a corporation called Master Classics Records.  The release carries a 2011 copyright date, and as yet I haven't been able to find any information on the company.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Wow! That's cool if it's getting a remastered release. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I don't think it is a remastered release, more just a reissuing of the old record.   But with both albums it looks like that whoever owns the masters had to find the owners of the animated series in order to clear the release, since I'm just looking at the back of Wheels and it says that both the TV series and the Performing Group were the Property of Filmation.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if RCA or whoever owns the masters for the albums setup an agreement with whoever owns the cartoon and performing group for the cartoon owners to be able to use the music on any future home video release. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

hardygirl847

Interesting. Why are they willing to resurrect certain things but not release Season 3???
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 13, 2011, 04:46:09 PM
Interesting. Why are they willing to resurrect certain things but not release Season 3???

I second that!

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 06, 2011, 04:05:49 PM
I don't think it is a remastered release, more just a reissuing of the old record.   But with both albums it looks like that whoever owns the masters had to find the owners of the animated series in order to clear the release, since I'm just looking at the back of Wheels and it says that both the TV series and the Performing Group were the Property of Filmation.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if RCA or whoever owns the masters for the albums setup an agreement with whoever owns the cartoon and performing group for the cartoon owners to be able to use the music on any future home video release.

Wow, that would be cool!  ;D I'd like to watch a Hardy Boys cartoon!  8) Hopefully that is an indication they will be releasing it on DVD!  8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

hardygirl847

Check out some clips from Youtube. Here's one to get you started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMmeqv6_RhM

I'm not a fan of this, sorry....but it's still interesting.

MacGyver

There was a full episode of The Hardy Boys cartoon show on Youtube at one point- but it's been taken down now. It is an incredibly super condensed version of The Hardy Boys books (most of the original 58 books- revised versions)- but it's even more condensed than the '90s show. So I like seeing the books come to life in some form or another- but it is quite hard to follow sometimes. And I know many probably don't care for the whole groovy music scene with the rock band as cover- or some of the vocal characterizations. (Of course, I love a lot of that stuff- sometimes just because it's considered to be so bad- lol. I've seen a lot of "bad" TV and movies in general- and I mean quality-wise there, not content-wise in that it's evil or something. Haha.)
     However, unless someone figures who even owns the rights to the show anymore, it seems unlikely this Filmation oddity will ever make it to DVD- although I would be interested to see it just because it is The Hardy Boys- and yeah, it is an interesting piece of Hardy Boys history.  (Like I said, this is coming from someone who's seen The Star Wars Holiday Special in its entirety, amongst other nostalgic oddities of the past...) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Thanks, hardygirl847! :) Very nice of you. :) Good idea to decide whether or not I would even want it should the DVD become available. I would say the music is like what is on the Scooby Doo show sometimes when they are chasing the baddie(s), as well as a few other cartoons. I watch a lot of the Boomerang cartoon channel. ;D I've seen the comic books from the cartoon advertised online and would like to get them sometime. Be nice if they would reprint those.

MacGyver, you made a lot of sense in what you said. 8) And I want to watch it, too, at least because it's connected to the Hardy books. ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

QuoteI've seen the comic books from the cartoon advertised online and would like to get them sometime. Be nice if they would reprint those.
I've actually got one of The Hardy Boys comic books from the 1970s. It was only a 4 issue run and based on the 1969 cartoon series. I've got the third issue and I actually enjoyed it pretty well. And that was before I'd seen an episode of the show. But I enjoyed the one episode I saw well enough too- I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of them.
If you check out www.milehighcomics.com you can order a number of back issue comic books. You can even see some pages from different issues- http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=38709800228&snumber=1
:D

hardygirl847

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on March 21, 2011, 01:26:10 AM
Thanks, hardygirl847! :) Very nice of you. :) Good idea to decide whether or not I would even want it should the DVD become available. I would say the music is like what is on the Scooby Doo show sometimes when they are chasing the baddie(s), as well as a few other cartoons. I watch a lot of the Boomerang cartoon channel. ;D I've seen the comic books from the cartoon advertised online and would like to get them sometime. Be nice if they would reprint those.

MacGyver, you made a lot of sense in what you said. 8) And I want to watch it, too, at least because it's connected to the Hardy books. ;D

Welcome! :)

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 21, 2011, 12:44:39 PM
Good idea!  ;)

I thought so too! lol Thanks :)

Quote from: MacGyver on March 21, 2011, 01:37:27 PM
I've actually got one of The Hardy Boys comic books from the 1970s. It was only a 4 issue run and based on the 1969 cartoon series. I've got the third issue and I actually enjoyed it pretty well. And that was before I'd seen an episode of the show. But I enjoyed the one episode I saw well enough too- I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of them.
If you check out www.milehighcomics.com you can order a number of back issue comic books. You can even see some pages from different issues- http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=38709800228&snumber=1
:D

I would love to see your Hardy Boys shrine. Take a pic and show us. :) Pleeeeaaaase???

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 21, 2011, 02:44:13 PM
I would love to see your Hardy Boys shrine. Take a pic and show us. :) Pleeeeaaaase???

So would I!