What Hardy Boys books should be made into game?

Started by SDLagent, May 01, 2009, 04:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on February 28, 2010, 11:48:35 PM
I had heard about Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk's likenesses used for The Hidden Theft

Their likenesses are in The Perfect Crime, not The Hidden Theft (THT used the likenesses of the voice actors).

Didn't know about the Nancy Drew games using the premise of one of the Supermysteries- which one is that? That's really cool to know- also about The Broken Anchor and The Phantom of Venice being made into games.

#13 Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon used the premise of A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery: Mystery Train.  And ATAC was inserted into that game as well, but for the most part the boys seemed to be their old selves from the Originals/Casefiles continuities.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

I think Blood Money would make a pretty cool, maybe more action-oriented, game.

MacGyver

Quote#13 Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon used the premise of A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery: Mystery Train.  And ATAC was inserted into that game as well, but for the most part the boys seemed to be their old selves from the Originals/Casefiles continuities.
DUH! I have that game- I should have remembered the connection to "Mystery Train". ;D
I remember thinking of that when I first got the game, but I haven't explored it fully enough to know the extent of the similarities. But the basic premise does seem to be intact.
And I just looked closely at "The Perfect Crime" game box- yes, that is dead-on for Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk! That's awesome!
      If any of The Hardy Boys Casefiles were to be made into a game, I think I'd like to see a couple possibilities- "Dead on Target", "Evil, Inc.", "Cult of Crime", "The Lazarus Plot", "Hostages of Hate", "Brother Against Brother" and "Too Many Traitors" and "Dead of Night". Not to mention the whole Operation: Phoenix trilogy and the Ring of Evil trilogy.
Don't if they would all work the best, but those are a few of my picks.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm all for a Casefile game! Brother Against Brother would be super awesome!! Just please make it easier to play! The Wii version of Hidden Theft is HARD...even with the walkthrough I found online! I am still stuck on the same part. Other than that I like it. (Sorry I wandered a little there...Spacey!)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I haven't even been able to find the Wii version of The Hidden Theft.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Bigfootman

"Last train to blue moon canyon" is based off "Mystery train"

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 03, 2010, 09:17:50 AM
I haven't even been able to find the Wii version of The Hidden Theft.

Yeah I had to order it off Amazon.com. I still have yet to see it in a store. :(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 15, 2010, 07:08:55 PM
Yeah I had to order it off Amazon.com. I still have yet to see it in a store. :(

I tried getting it from Amazon.ca and they said that they were not able to get it.

Bigfootman

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 02, 2010, 09:43:20 PM
I'm all for a Casefile game! Brother Against Brother would be super awesome!! Just please make it easier to play! The Wii version of Hidden Theft is HARD...even with the walkthrough I found online! I am still stuck on the same part. Other than that I like it. (Sorry I wandered a little there...Spacey!)

Brother Against Brother wouldn't work because they would try to add ATAC into the mix.

Most Recent Post:

hardygirl847

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on March 17, 2010, 11:13:51 AM
Brother Against Brother wouldn't work because they would try to add ATAC into the mix.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. DARN!  :-\

Bigfootman

Plus, they would most likely change the plot entirely, like they did with the Tower Treasure.

Most Recent Post:

SDLagent

Well, it's not like the game was called The Tower Treasure, so I didn't really mind the changes at all.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on March 19, 2010, 07:14:08 PM
Well, it's not like the game was called The Tower Treasure, so I didn't really mind the changes at all.

Well it was originally going to be called The Tower Treasure

Anyway I just found a copy of The Hidden Theft for the Wii at an EB Games in Ottawa yesterday.

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 21, 2010, 01:53:46 PM
Well it was originally going to be called The Tower Treasure

Anyway I just found a copy of The Hidden Theft for the Wii at an EB Games in Ottawa yesterday.

I liked how some elements were from the book but it is still a hard game that I have yet to beat.

I'm surprised you saw it in a store! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 21, 2010, 11:24:04 PM
I'm surprised you saw it in a store! :)

Well EB Games only had an empty box on the shelf (they keep the "new" games in the backroom as a security system) so I just asked if they had it.  But even still I was going to ask since a few times in the past I've asked at EB Games about certain titles, either new or used, and sometimes the title I'm looking for won't be on the shelf but will be in the back and they can see if they have it on their computers.