No, none
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 25, 2007, 07:28:23 PM

Centrion

Yep, except for poor Season 2.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Well, how many people do you know buy a middle of the run DVD set for the first time.  They don't know if the first episode is a split story, with Part 1 being on the previous season's set, or if the set starts off with a standalone story that is in the box set entirely.  Considering how so many TV series that have been produced within the past 20 years have ended their seasons with cliffhangers (or like ALF, the series with a cliffhanger), no one wants to jump into the middle of the story without seeing the beginning.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

True, that wouldn't make much since.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Just think back to when the Star Trek The Next Generation or Deep Space Nine or Voyager or Enterprise sets were coming out.  How many people that had never seen the series say "Oh, I'll start with Season 5" or whatever season.  I've only heard of one person who did that, and that was with TNG, because they had tuned out of TNG back in 87/88 during the first season and had never bothered, but then a family member showed them an episode from a later Season, so that person went back, and watched all the way from the pilot to the final episode.  In fact, I was in a similar boat with Enterprise.  With Enterprise, I found that it was just like Lost or one of the other Drama series that is on the air nowadays.  If you don't see it from episode 1 on, then you are lost in term of plot of the series and storyline.  And Enterprise was like that.  Thanks to my uncle for taping them off the dish, I managed to see 6 episodes from Season 2, 6 episodes from Season 3 and then most of Season 4 (I was in my first year of college when Season 4 was in first run broadcast, and the station Space was carrying Enterprise, so I got to see Daedalus to Bound each Sunday night from January to April 2005, but I didn't have a TV until 2nd semester, so my uncle taped the first 6 or so episodes of Enterprise from the dish for me).  Anyway, just from seeing those random episodes, I thought that Enterprise was no good and did not deserve the Star Trek name.  It wasn't until the local library in Pembroke got Seasons 1-3 (and they eventually got season 4, but by that time my brother had it) that I was able to see Enterprise from "Broken Bow" to "These Are The Voyages..." with no interruption and I could see the entire series that I found that, while it wasn't as good as the previous Star Trek's, it was still better than the reality series that had been on the airwaves at the time and had forced it off.  Anyway, without watching the DVD's in order, I probably would still be thinking that Enterprise was garbage, but by seeing the episodes in the order they were aired, I enjoy Enterprise whenever I pop in a DVD and sit down to watch it, but not as much as the other Trek's.

But, it would be the same with the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, even though the series was made at a time when episodes were more episodic, rather than serial.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

Wow, that has got to be the largest post I've ever seen. But, you right. It would make no sense to start in the middle of a movie series unless you had to.
-Frank
-Joe