The Network

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, May 16, 2017, 09:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I know this has been mentioned before, but couldn't the original topic. But was the Network like the CIA and FBI in one? For being so-called top secret. Nancy Drew knows about it and I don't think she's ever worked for them!

And when they went aboard, they had something in England. I would say the UK, but I know they split like last year.

Frank and Joe have gone against the agency before, and then it seemed like it was written out?

Bigfootman

If I recall correctly, it was mentioned that Frank and Joe had told Nancy about the Network. And she did meet the Grey Man in "Best of Enemies".

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

I haven't read the Nancy Drew Files to know, but I'm guessing The Network is never mentioned in those books? Nonetheless, as Bigfootman pointed out, Nancy Drew has met the Gray Man in the Supermysteries books on a few occasions. I don't know if the exact nature of The Network is ever specified, but yes- I'd say it's similar to the CIA and FBI in the scope of its work. I know Frank and Joe covertly mention Network assignments in some of the Supermysteries. (For instance, they talk about this in "Buried in Time", but only vaguely reference The Network as their "group". This was mainly because George was with them and they apparently couldn't talk about it with her. Of course, if I remember correctly, in a later book George winds up meeting up with the Gray Man as well anyway.) The Gray Man and/or Network appear in "Best of Enemies" and "Operation: Titanic" and probably a few others, but those I know for sure offhand.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

goldie3

Authors have been really inconsistent with Network. In cases like "dead of night", it's highly secret, and the boys haven't told anyone about it. But then, there's "true thriller", where their friends group is aware of it.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: Katie on May 16, 2017, 09:58:22 AM
I know this has been mentioned before, but couldn't the original topic. But was the Network like the CIA and FBI in one? For being so-called top secret. Nancy Drew knows about it and I don't think she's ever worked for them!

And when they went aboard, they had something in England. I would say the UK, but I know they split like last year.

Frank and Joe have gone against the agency before, and then it seemed like it was written out?

England is still part of the UK, they left the Europian Union (EU) last year for security and financial reasons. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)