The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries 2013 reunion!!!

Started by MacGyver, January 31, 2013, 11:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Wow- this is a pretty awesome find. I wish I'd known about it sooner so fans in the area might could've gone- but anyway, apparently a place in Los Angeles hosted an event on January 12, 2013- The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries Reunion! This would've been really neat to see, but oh well.
In attendance were Parker Stevenson, Pamela Sue Martin, Jean Rasey and William Schallert! (Too bad Shaun Cassidy couldn't make it, along with some of the other stars- George O'Hanlon, Jr. and Lisa Eilbacher, etc.) Still- it's great to see these four reunited again.  :) 8) This just makes me even more excited for the bonus new interview included on The Hardy Boys Season 3 DVD set- which we're just 12 days away from seeing released now!
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

According to Pamela Sue Martin's Web site, she apparently also did reunions for Dynasty and The Poseidon Adventure back in 2011, and the 2013 event with The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries also served as a reunion for The Lady in Red cast.
And, speaking of reunions, if you look further down the site, she can see some pictures from the set of McTaggart's Fortune, including one with just her and Parker Stevenson in the picture. This movie is still scheduled to release in May and I hope I can find a copy of it somewhere- the movie storyline itself sounds fun enough (perhaps a bit inspired by The Goonies- but that's a good and appropriate thing. That movie references The Hardy Boys towards the end.  ;D) - but of course, I mainly am interested in seeing Pamela Sue Martin and Parker Stevenson acting together again in a movie! (It will be hard not to think of them as a grown up Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy though- lol. :D) It would be awesome if this movie has a theatrical premiere event somewhere- then Shaun Cassidy could attend alongside Parker Stevenson and Pamela Sue Martin and make the trio complete! :) 8))

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Yeah- definitely. :) 8)
It'd be great if the surviving cast members did some promotional appearances on talk shows for the release of the 3rd. season on DVD. You never know- sometimes cast members for shows do reunions for these kinds of releases- I know the casts of Growing Pains and Family Ties and Small Wonder did at one point. :) 8)

MacGyver

This seems like as good a place as any to post this- I just checked IMDB.com's page for McTaggart's Fortune and it looks like the release date of the movie has moved. It is now scheduled for release on Halloween- October 31, 2013. Hopefully it will get a release then- it will be good timing considering the nature of the movie. I would love to see this movie soon.

Paula

Hi :-)

Does anyone one know if McTaggart's Fortune will be release for the theaters, or T.V.?  Thanks!

MacGyver

I presume it would release to theaters, but I don't really know- I've been trying to find out more information on it myself. Good question though. And hey- welcome to the forum, Paula. :) 8)

Paula

Thanks for the welcome.  :)  Have recently rediscovered Parker Stevenson (can't remember how though! lol!). I'm slowly buying VHS or DVD's of his movie/t.v. work.  Also been watching videos on YouTube from this years Hollywood Show and Chicago Comic Com. *sigh*

tomswift2002

Quote from: Paula on August 24, 2013, 02:29:26 PM
I'm slowly buying VHS or DVD's of his movie/t.v. work. 

If you are looking for his Hardy Boys work, all three seasons are finally available on DVD, thanks to Shout! Factory releasing Season 3 back in February (only downside is that Universal only gave them the syndicated masters, so unlike Seasons 1 & 2 that are the network cuts from when ABC first aired the series, the Season 3 episodes are shorter by a few minutes due to stations that syndicated the series wanting more time for commercials compared to the time ABC wanted.  Also the masters used are ones that were made back in 1979/80 when the series was first entering syndication, and from what I can tell, for at least the 16 Season 1 & 2 episodes that were issued on VHS/Betamax by Universal in 1985 new tape masters were made that allowed for more sharper images and better colors, even on VHS.  It is most likely that 'Haunted House' was also re-transferred at this time, since while I have not found anything indicating that it was set for a VHS/Betamax release, it was released in 1980 on Discovision/Laserdisc and Universal might've been prepping it for a VHS/Betamax reissue, but with a better transfer.  But that is only a theory.  But I'm pretty sure that "Disappearing Floor" and the rest of the Season 2 episodes were most likely re-transferred in 2005/2007, respectively, due to their lack of dust and dirt, unlike the episodes that were released on Discovision/Betamax/VHS in the 80's that are sharper, but have lots of dust and dirt (and on the Jade Kwan Yin episode, at one point when the boys leave the Chinese business, on both the VHS and DVD you can freeze the frame and see some one's thumb print, most likely the editor, but it could've been the person who did the transfer).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah- finally all three seasons of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries are on DVD- a fact for which I am quite glad, though I do wish Shout! Factory could've released unedited episodes for Season 3- it also would've been great to see the bonus they were planning- a new interview with Shaun Cassify and Parker Stevenson- unfortunately, it never happened. Anyway, if you want to see more of Parker Stevenson's work, you can also see him as a lifeguard on Baywatch- the first three seasons have been released to DVD (whichh is really Seasons 2-4, since the first season was on NBC, whereas all the rest were syndicated. However, the NBC episodes are included as bonuses on the DVD sets. Parker reprised his character much later in the series too, but those episodes haven't been released to DVD yet. You may also like to check out the 1974 movie Our Time, which featured a lot of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew cast before the series had even begun- Parker Stevenson, Pamela Sue Martin, George O'Hanlon, Jr. and Edith Atwater all appear in it.

MacGyver

Parker Stevenson also starred in a great short-lived scifi show in the late '80s called Probe- I think that one is pretty cool too and well worth checking out. :) 8)

MacGyver

This seemed like a good place to post this- I just ran across a blog entry from an attendee at the 2014 Nancy Drew Sleuth Convention- the one that had a reunion panel for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- featuring Parker Stevenson, Pamela Sue Martin, Joyce Brotman and Arlene Sidaris.
There are some cool pictures there and some great tidbits about the cast and show. For instance, there apparently was an actress hired for the role of Hannah Gruen on the show, but the character was dropped in order to give more focus time to the main characters. That's too bad- I would have liked to have seen Hannah have an appearance on the show. It's cool to know though- I wonder who was hired for the role? Were any publicity photos or test footage taken? :D