The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Yeah, Hide-and-Sneak actually talks about The Hardy Boys dragging the Sleuth out of mothballs, so they obviously haven't used it in a while.
And as to the trivia question, you are incredibly close, but #172 is still not the book I'm looking for.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Yeah, I thought it was cool how they actually acknowledged that the Sleuth hadn't been used in awhile.

hardygirl847

We're still on the same question?! lol Hidden Mountain?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on March 13, 2010, 07:45:04 PM
but #172 is still not the book I'm looking for.

Is it in the 170's?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

It's not "Hidden Mountain" (but that was an awesome book, by the way) and it is in the 170s range.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Maybe you should just ask another question, MacGyver.

MacGyver

Hmm- okay. I thought someone might have known this.
Well, if not- I'll go ahead and reveal it then.
If you look in Chapter 4 "Questions Without Answers" of #171 "The Test Case"- on page 41, you will see that Frank talks briefly with a student named Jerry! And it specifically identifies this Jerry as an outfielder! Jerry also implies that he knows Frank and Joe personally within their conversation. And Frank says at the end of their coversation that he'll "tell Joe 'hi' for you."
I feel pretty confident this was meant to be a little tribute and cameo appearance for Jerry Gilroy! At long last! :D 8)

All right- let's try this one on for size now.
What character who originated in the Casefiles later crossed over to appear somewhat frequently in the Digests?

SDLagent

Liz Webling?

BTW, even if it isn't meant to be, that is a pretty cool tribute to Jerry Gilroy.

MacGyver

hardygirl847

LOL so after DAYS of trying to figure out the Jerry one...the next ? was answered right away. Go Figure. :)

It does sound like it could be a reference to Jerry Gilroy. Cool find!

SDLagent

Before they befriended Con Riley, who was Frank and Joe's best friend on the BPD?

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 17, 2010, 07:55:16 AM
Chief Collig.

I guess this true, but it's not the answer I'm looking for. The guy I'm talking about is a little closer to Frank and Joe's age...