The Hardy Men Movie

Started by frankfan75, June 25, 2010, 07:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

I saw that too but I couldn't look more into without paying for the pro. So I wasn't able to see if there was any truth to that post besides it being a wish.

The Mystery of the Mid-Life Crisis?? Nice. :)

But they already had a convertible, boat, motorcycle, high tech van, flew planes, etc. What else can they do??? lol
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Just ran across this article about The Hardy Men- yes, it's old and yes, there is still no further news on the movie -at least none that I've heard.
Anyway- just thought the article was interesting in detailing sort of how this whole idea came about.
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2010/01/04/hardy_men_director_is_challenged_with_sc
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Chemistry as friends does not mean you can put them into roles they do NOT FIT!!!

Thanks for the link though, Mac. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Okay- this is probably the most official confirmation I have seen yet on this movie.
Here we apparently have some pictures from the set, where Tom Cruise is performing a stunt.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1245692/Still-risky-business--heres-Tom-Cruise-performing-stunts-latest-film.html

Now the article claims this is from The Hardy Men but I am somewhat doubtful as to the newspaper's accuracy. For one thing, this article is from January 25, 2010. So I must have totally missed this article when it originally released. I suppose it could well be for The Hardy Men movie, but I wonder if perhaps this wasn't for another of Tom Cruise's upcoming movies, like Mission: Impossible IV- Ghost Protocol (releasing December 16, 2011 :) - I hope it's a good as the third one was. Can't wait to check it out.) Or maybe even Knight and Day (since that one released June 23, 2010- I haven't seen it though I had thought about it because it looked like it might could be pretty good. Would anyone know if these stunt photos look like they came from that movie instead?) It could just be that the newspaper heard that the stunts were for Tom Cruise's next movie, knew he had been supposedly attached to do a movie version of The Hardy Boys, and assumed that these shots were for The Hardy Men and ran with it. [British tabloids seem to be notorious for this kind of thing.] Anyway- there you go.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

hardygirl847

I highly doubt it was from The Hardy Men. Most articles you find when you google are from 2007 and maybe one or two from last year.

I found this blogspot post but can't be sure if it's new or not. http://hardy-men-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/2010/12/hardy-men-2013-movie.html

So if Ben and Tom finally started production on this little "gem" of a movie, it would have been practically in secret at this point, don't ya think?

MacGyver

Yeah- that's just it. If this movie is seriously in production, then it's either super top secret on the level of a J.J. Abrams film - or it just hasn't happened yet and all we're hearing is talk and old rumors. Because if the movie was already filming- we shouldn't have to be searching like crazy to find any kind of current mention of the movie- they should be doing a much better job on marketing and publicity. So that just makes me think that it's nothing more than an oft-repeated rumor that may finally come to fruition eventually- but if it does, we should hear a lot more about it at that point.

hardygirl847

Well I hope if they are holding out, they are waiting for a kick butt script and of course...both actors to be available. I've seen it slated for 2013. So....Hmm....

hardygirl847

Haven't seen anything new on the movie...but this did pop up on Google. I haven't read it before so I will pass it on...

http://blastr.com/2009/06/imagine-the-hardy-boys-as.php

According to Wikipedia though...there is NO mention of The Hardy Boys movie. If it's slated for 2013 still then that could be the reason. Tom Cruise's Wikipedia is also missing any mention of this movie.

Hmm....

SDLagent

This move is in development hell if it's not dead already.

hardygirl847

In someone's garbage can is fine with me. I think they should do a teen version first and set it like a Casefile but the best of all of the series put together (as far as technology, cases, etc).

MacGyver

Well, not that I'm really wanting to see this movie go forward (at least not with the direction I have a sinking suspicion it will be from all that's been stated about it)- but I happened to actually find another article about its status, this one from September 25, 2011. So something fairly current then -http://collider.com/shawn-levy-hardy-boys-night-at-the-museum-3-interview/116833/?_r=true

Basically, Shawn Levy has said that though they've tried numerous approaches, they just haven't found the right script. I imagine they'll keep working on it, but hopefully they'll eventually give it up and realize that the whole concept is really not good to begin with and they're better off just not messing around with The Hardy Boys... I do kinda wonder though- if this project ever did come about, what would Simon & Schuster think about it? I suppose they would want to support it to some degree as it could help their sales....
But as pretty much everyone here has said, I'd rather see an actual movie for The Hardy Boys rather than this comedic approach...  (Now if this movie were done after a successful true-to-the-original-books Hardy Boys movie has been done- I would probably be okay with a parody- if it's done correctly and kept clean. But I feel pretty doubtful that would happen, so better just to not have The Hardy Men project at all.)

MacGyver

Just ran across this article- it's from the same time period as the last one I posted (this one's dated September 29, 2011) but it does offer a little more background on the genesis of this whole idea, at least as far as Shawn Levy's involvement in The Hardy Men.

MacGyver

Well, I found this article from Yahoo today- but I'm not sure I'd actually call it news. There really is no new word on the proposed The Hardy Men movie. But this does offer one writer's interesting perspective on this possibility and how much he seems to want to see Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise together in a movie like this.
Now that The Hardy Boys Season 3 is coming to DVD, there's not even that motivation to see this movie happen. Since I doubt it would be anything more than a raunchy parody of The Hardy Boys, I would much rather not see it happen at all. However, it would be great to see an actual movie for The Hardy Boys instead.