The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

He appear in The Tower Treasure, a book I know you're reading, right now.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on March 02, 2010, 11:19:04 PM
He appear in The Tower Treasure, a book I know you're reading, right now.

Yes, you're quite right. :) I'm in between multiple books and I totally forgot the question. Oops. I am going to take a stab at it...Oscar Smuff. :D
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

hardygirl847

I got one! Yay! Sorry MacGyver!

Now I get to ask one...hm...this will probably be too easy but oh well...Here ya go!

Why does Frank go to the hospital in Danger on the Diamond?

(Danger on the Diamond is digest # 90)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

No idea.

But I'll guess...He gets hit by baseball?

MacGyver

Good job, Hardygirl847. Oscar Smuff is a classic Hardy Boys character! ;D I always found his interactions with the Hardys pretty amusing.
I don't remember this particular part of the book right offhand, (though "Danger on the Diamond" is one of my favorites- I think I've probably read this one more than once) so I'll probably have to look it up.
But I'll take a guess anyway- was he caught in the collapse of the bleachers? I do recall that happening in the first chapter, but I can't remember if anyone was seriously hurt in it.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Thanks MacGyver! :) I am just starting to read some of the Originals (gasp, I know!) so I haven't seen too much of Oscar yet. :) The Tower Treasure is our book club/discussion book so I have at least been exposed to the beginning of Mr. Smuff.

I really enjoyed Danger in the Diamond too!!

The bleachers do collapse but that is not why he goes to the hospital. Good memory though! I'm sure you will get it in no time. :)

tomswift2002

Frank gets cut going over the stone fence surrounding the criminal's house, since the criminal has broken glass spread across the top of the stone.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on March 04, 2010, 05:10:03 PM
No idea.

But I'll guess...He gets hit by baseball?

Spencer, I missed your post somehow!! You were right actually. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. :( Frank gets hit in the head by a baseball and ends up staying overnight with a mild concussion. A sabotaged pitching machine was the culprit.

tomswift, he and Joe both get cut from the glass on the fence but they do not go to the hospital for it. Good memory though!! :)

OK Spencer...you're up to bat! (bad pun, I know).

SDLagent

That's pretty funny, actually. I, the one who hasn't read it, got the right answer and then you don't even see it.

As time has gone on, many of the Hardys' chums have disappeared, to the point where Frank and Joe don't seem to have any friends. Who was the first chum to disappear? And, no, it's not Jerry Gilroy.

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

hardygirl847

I agree hat itis pretty funny Spencer! If you haven't read it I would definitely check it out. I really enjoyed it!

Perry Robinson????

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 06, 2010, 11:17:42 PM
Perry Robinson????

Perry Robinson appeared in 4 of the first 10 books (from 1927-1931)  and then made a reappearance in the 1959 revision of The Tower Treasure, and the character appeared in an altered form in the 1956 Disney serial (that is in the Walt Disney Treasures line).  Jerry Gilroy lasted til about 1932/1933. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 07, 2010, 01:10:38 PM
Perry Robinson appeared in 4 of the first 10 books (from 1927-1931)  and then made a reappearance in the 1959 revision of The Tower Treasure, and the character appeared in an altered form in the 1956 Disney serial (that is in the Walt Disney Treasures line).  Jerry Gilroy lasted til about 1932/1933. 

Actually, Jerry was appearing in the books as late as 1944.