Sidetracked to Danger

Started by tomswift2002, June 17, 2009, 06:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Sidetracked to Danger
Hardy Boys #130
February 1995
RL: 6.3

Plot: When the Hardy Boys visit famous train collector to see his million dollar model train collection, things start to go weird.  First the collection vanishes, and then the collector himself vanishes, along with the most famous model train collector from Japan.  What is going on?  It is up to the Hardy Boys to stop this train from jumping the tracks.

Review: I remember that my mom gave me this book (along with Hardy Boys #129 Treasure At Dolphin Bay) for passing Grade 5 back in June 1995.  So, for me, the Digests were one of the Hardy Boys series that I grew up with.

Anyway, this is a pretty interesting story if you are into trains, or you've enjoyed reading the original text of Mystery of The Flying Express.  I didn't find it as action-packed as Treasure At Dolphin Bay, but the story was pretty interesting none the less.  In the end I found that the explanation for how the theif got the collection out was unique, although its too bad that the author and editor's didn't have the Hardy's recall that they had already solved a case with a Disappearing Floor.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Sounds interesting. I hope I?ll get a hold of it sometime.