Joe/Iola or Joe/Vanessa

Started by Kerin, June 30, 2007, 11:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerin

Who do you think is a better couple,Joe and Iola or Joe and Vanessa ??? I think Joe and Vanessa are the better couple but thats just my opinion.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

SDLagent

I haven?t read any with Vanessa so I can?t riley say, but I think Joe and Iola are pretty good.

Also I would have liked to see whet Joe and Iola relationship would have been like in the Casefiles, because the boys have a more serious relationship with there girlfriends in CFs. Since Joe/ Iola never appeared in the CFs  its kind of hard to compare Joe/Iola to Joe/ Vanessa.     

SkyWarp

To be honest, I liked Joe/{insert casefile-guest-appearance girl here} better than either.

It was better for story development to have one of the boys not be attached.  And Iola became a pretty quick choice to be the one that was done away with.  This helped Joe's character stand out even more from Frank's.  I was never very happy with the emergence of a new girl for Joe, but Vanessa's character was unique (at least at first). 

Lola

The Casefiles were the first HB books I read, so when I read Dead on Target, I just never saw Iola as being the love of Joe's life! True she was his first love but the way the book read I just never felt that he cared for her all that much. I just recently started reading the Digests and in those he does seem to care but it seems like he cares for her more as a "good friend" than anything else.

I would have to say that I prefer Joe/Vanessa.

SDLagent

Quote from: SkyWarp on July 01, 2007, 02:03:09 AM
To be honest, I liked Joe/{insert casefile-guest-appearance girl here} better than either.

It was better for story development to have one of the boys not be attached.  And Iola became a pretty quick choice to be the one that was done away with.  This helped Joe's character stand out even more from Frank's.

I agree.

Kerin

I read a few of the digests too and your right Joe and Iola didn't seem as close as Joe and vanessa,thats why I think Joe and Vanessa are the better couple.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

tomswift2002

I've read all the Casefiles, and I must say that at the beginning of the series, the whole Iola being dead arc, gave Joe a different look on life.  Plus, it gave Joe that drive that he needed to drive the series.  But, as the series progressed, I think S&S wanted to heal a little bit, and get a steady girlfriend.  I loved the fight between Iola 4 and Vanessa at the end of Dead Of Night.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

D.Hardy

I DONT like Vanessa. IDK why. Joe was ok with Iola and with anyone else i just dont liek Vanessa.
"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

White Eagle

Joe always felt better with Iola but I think he got over it when he took on Vanessa. Personally, I like him with Vanessa.
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

"You!"

Quote from: SkyWarp on July 01, 2007, 02:03:09 AM

;D What a different perspective! I never thought of how much Joe's character grew from his girlfriend's death to the many girl guest appearances. On the other hand, I kept thinking -that Hardy Boy needs a girlfriend (that doesn't turn out to be the bad guy at the end of the book)...
CAB :)

White Eagle

I'll say. He's got a new girlfriend in like every book

tomswift2002

Joe even chases after Sandy Swift in Time Bomb (HB/TS Ultra Thriller).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

White Eagle

And what annoys me is, every book with a new girlfriend mentions either Iola, a car bomb or terrorists.

Centrion

Yeah, and it seems like every time Frank starts to like someone else, she's evil. But, On topic, it's hard to chose becuase you never really saw Iola and Joe in the casefiles.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Sam Spade

I don't think I've read any actual Casefiles book with Vanessa yet.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall