A Question of Guilt

Started by NZone, May 14, 2021, 01:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

At the beginning, Nancy has Joe on a lie detector and asks him if he has ever cheated on Vanessa. Joe gets mad and begs Nancy not to have to answer. Is this a reference to a different supermystery?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

NZone

Also, Truth Weekly appears as a tabloid in this book. Truth Weekly also appears in Time Bomb and is revealed to be owned by the Black Dragon.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Bigfootman

Quote from: NZone on May 14, 2021, 01:58:53 PM
At the beginning, Nancy has Joe on a lie detector and asks him if he has ever cheated on Vanessa. Joe gets mad and begs Nancy not to have to answer. Is this a reference to a different supermystery?
I know a few of the SuperMysteries hinted at Joe and Bess having an interest in each other. And Joe did cheat on Vanessa in "Dead in the Water" if I recall correctly, so it wouldn't surprise if that happened in another Supermystery or Casefile.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Bigfootman on May 15, 2021, 09:55:43 AM
I know a few of the SuperMysteries hinted at Joe and Bess having an interest in each other. And Joe did cheat on Vanessa in "Dead in the Water" if I recall correctly, so it wouldn't surprise if that happened in another Supermystery or Casefile.

"Dead In The Water" came out after AQOG.  So it wouldn't be that.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 15, 2021, 10:39:31 AM
"Dead In The Water" came out after AQOG.  So it wouldn't be that.
I was using as an example, I should have been clearer.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Raven

I found that Nancy was quite mean to Joe when she put him on the lie detector test. This was the only thing that stood out for me in this book.  :-\

MacGyver

The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew were on opposite sides for a lot of this book so that's not surprising.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

This book was one of my favorites. I think that's why I liked it--you don't see them at opposite sides often.