It seems like a lot of the Hardy Boys Casefiles . . .

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, May 30, 2011, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

In the original ads for The Hardy Boys Casefiles, the books are described as a mix of Indiana Jones and James Bond :) 8)
(which is pretty fitting since James Bond is Indiana Jones' father- in more ways than one. ;))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on June 09, 2011, 01:55:45 PM
In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic and as a point of comparison, I was just wondering... in the late 1980s and through the '90s, we had the KGB showing up at times as the bad guys in The Hardy Boys Casefiles, which as has been pointed out, would be appropriate choices at the time with the Cold War going on still and all. But the Cold War really was going since the 1950s honestly. The original Hardy Boys books started in 1927, so I was just wondering. Does anyone know if any of the original text books may have had The Hardy Boys fighting against Nazi agents? (As it seems they would have been the natural fall guy at that time- from the '30s through the '40s in any case.) There is kind of a parallel to the Indiana Jones movies here because Indy goes from fighting Nazis in the '30s to fighting Soviets in the '50s as well. Both groups make for logical bad guy choices for their time periods on a global scale- and The Hardys have definitely fought criminals on a global scale throughout their history.

Not that I can think of but I'm sure there was at least some references to the Nazis. I do, however, remember some Japanese villains working for "foreign powers".   

MacGyver

Okay- well, that would definitely count as a World War II reference, I would think.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"