1st series...

Started by Sam Spade, August 03, 2008, 06:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was the first Hardy Boys series you read?

Originals (Blue Spines)
5 (33.3%)
Digests
1 (6.7%)
Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Super Sleuths
0 (0%)
Casefiles
3 (20%)
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Supermystery '88
2 (13.3%)
Hardy Boys/Tom Swift Ultra Thiller
0 (0%)
Undercover Brothers
3 (20%)
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Supermystery '07
1 (6.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SDLagent

I don't think my mum was to thrilled that I was reading the Casefiles, either.

FrankJoeATAC

My mom isn't so thrilled that I've been reading the Graphic Novels...

Olivia

The Graphic Novels? Really?

Is it because of the content, or because of the design? (Because some people don't consider them good enough to read because it's just pictures as opposed to I don't know, high-class literature).

FrankJoeATAC

I think it's because of the design, I mean, she knows that I like to read all kinds of versions of HB books, but she doesn't seem to like the comic-like pictures in the Graphic Novels for some reason..

SDLagent

Sometimes the girls outfits are, shall we say...revealing, even if they are cartoon characters, that's the only thing I can think of anyway.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on August 06, 2008, 06:16:32 PM
Sometimes the girls outfits are, shall we say...revealing, even if they are cartoon characters, that's the only thing I can think of anyway.

All of the girls in the Graphic Novels dress that way!!! :o
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Yeah...I guess they'd have to change a few things if they were going to have a Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew crossover, since the Nancy Drew series isn't like that. LOL

Olivia

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on August 06, 2008, 08:39:17 PM
Yeah...I guess they'd have to change a few things if they were going to have a Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew crossover, since the Nancy Drew series isn't like that. LOL

I would love a crossover! That'd be awesome. I wonder if it would be thicker than the average novel, though.

003Robin457

I'd love a cross over too. I want it to be thicker as well, with both ND & the HBs you need a longer book. But who would write/draw it? ???

tomswift2002

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on August 06, 2008, 08:39:17 PM

You mean have the Hardy's in mini-skirts and revealing shirts????? I don't know how well that would go over with parents. 

Imagine Frank and Joe looking like a female character from Sailor Moon...hahahahahaha.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 07, 2008, 06:01:50 PM
You mean have the Hardy's in mini-skirts and revealing shirts????? I don't know how well that would go over with parents. 

Imagine Frank and Joe looking like a female character from Sailor Moon...hahahahahaha.

Well, there's an idea. Maybe they will have to disguise themselves sometime...

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 07, 2008, 06:01:50 PM

No I meant they'd have to change the women, since they're not like that in the Nancy Drew series.

Olivia

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on August 07, 2008, 11:04:07 PM
No I meant they'd have to change the women, since they're not like that in the Nancy Drew series.

Mmmm...I think he was joking but who knows.

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca