Tomorrows the BIG DAY

Started by P. Walker, February 04, 2013, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P. Walker

Anyone excited for the new Hardy Boys Adventures??? im hoping my local Books A Million has it in stick when i get off from work tomorrow

MacGyver

Oh yeah- I'm excited for today- the official release day!!! I actually was able to find the first two books in the series at my local Books-A-Million over the weekend. I was pretty surprised to find them in stock at the store and ahead of the actual release date. (In past experience, I've found this store usually doesn't seem to have all the latest releases on the release date, so it was a pleasant surprise to find the books in stock here.) However, I only found the paperback version and not hardback, so I'm going to check the bookstores again today to see if I can find the hardback version too.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

P. Walker

Just downloaded the first book onto my Nook but will swing by BAM or Barnes and Nobles when I get off work for the physical copies. I see they kept the character switching gimmick from UB. Not to fond of that but Im hoping the book will be a blast. Havent had fun reading an HB series since the Casefiles, back in my high school days. (yup Im 35 and i still read HB/ND) :)

MacGyver

The original plan was for the HBA series to be back to third person but for some reason it changed back to first person at the last minute. It's a bit annoying, but from what I can tell so far, the writing does seem to be a good bit better than the UB books, so while I still think this new series is kind of a mixed bag, I think I like it a lot better than the UB books. (Which is not to say that I totally dislike those books- because in some things, it is still The Hardy Boys and I like The Hardy Boys in general.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

P. Walker

so i picked up the physical copies of both the HB and ND books today. Interesting enough, there were only one copy of each book. And when I went to the cashier I asked if theyd be getting those in hardbacked and she said that she wasnt sure, but probably not. So now Im at home and about to jump into them....heres to hoping they were worth the wait

VLoneWolf

I may have to (RAID) ;D a book store or just buy the books.