QUOTES

Started by Kerin, July 05, 2007, 10:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Spade

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on July 19, 2008, 09:18:25 PM
Does anyone have any good ones from UB books? 'Cause I don't recognise any of those.  ???

These are some of the ones I posted before in this topic. :)

QuoteThis is from a 'Frank chapter' in Hurricane Joe.
I ran inside to use the bathroom while Joe grabbed a hacksaw from the garage. Then we headed to my room, tossed our backpacks on the bed and getting down to business.
"I'll check the news." I pulled the emergency radio out of my backpack and gave it a few cranks.
"I'll catch a few Z's." Joe said.
By Z's he meant sawing at his handcuff.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
He stopped and rolled his eyes. Moveing to the window he plopped down on the sill and started sawing again.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewert."

QuoteThis is another qoute from a 'Frank Chapter' from Hurriane Joe.

The next morning I was woken up by something really annoying. No, not Playback. It was my cell phone, ringing so loudly that I bolted out of bed and flipped on my phone.
"Hello?"
"Are you awake?"
"Now I am. Who is this?"
"It's Chet."
"What do you want, Chet?" I asked groggily.
"I'm heading down to the police station to tell them about finding my Zbox at Velma's Pawn shop. I just wondered if you and Joe wanted to come along."
I couldn't tell Chet that my brother and I were already working on the case. So I said, "Sure. We'll join you. Where? When?"
"I'm standing in your yard right now."
I walked to the window and peeked outside.
Chet stood below me, staring up and waving wildly.
"Sometimes you scare me, Chet."
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

JoeHardyRocks

Those are some of my favorites! Hahaha. :) :) :)
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on July 19, 2008, 09:18:25 PM
Does anyone have any good ones from UB books? 'Cause I don't recognise any of those.  ???

I don't think the UB's have any good quotes.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

I wouldn't say the UB don't have any, but, I agree, they sure don't have many!

Mission #11 and ''Wanted'' are okay for quotes, though

JoeHardyRocks

Was mission 11 hurricane Joe?
??? ??? ??? :D
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Yes, Mission #11 is ''Hurricane Joe''. Look it up, it's on this site!

JoeHardyRocks

Hurricane Joe is one of my favorites! :D
"Thank you, Joe."

NZone

Frank: Think about it, Rand was killed with something you use everyday, but don't think about it.

Joe: Rand was killed with a hamburger?!

Power Play
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

NZone

Joe: "Hey Chet, how come you don't have a girlfriend?"
Chet: "Are you kidding? Every time I go to the beach, the girls just flock around me!"
Iola: "Sure they do! They just want to lie in the shade!"
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

Actually in the originals Chet was more of a lady's man then Joe!

What book is that quote from?

NZone

don't know, found it on Bob Finnan's site (thats getting to be a pretty common saying for me, his site's great for resources, still prefer this one for forum and current stuff)

SDLagent

Yeah, his site is good for history, but like you say, this site's more up-to-date.

Could you post a link to the quote?

NZone

Olivia

"Well, let's get on to the assignments," Hewitt said, forgetting about the photograph and looking down at a list on his desk. "Frank, I want you working with me in the Games security. Joe, I'm putting you on the Norwegians' track and field team. Sort of a glorified go-fer."

"Go-fer?" Bess asked.

"Yeah, you know, you 'go fer' this and 'go fer' that," Joe explained.

"This is great - Frank's in a suit and gets respect. I'm in sweatpants lugging around barbells," Joe groused.

"Frank grinned at him. "A perfect division of labor."

-Dangerous Games, '88 ND/HB Supermystery #4

NZone

This is a hilarious quote from the original Great Airport Mystery. "The roadster was traveling at sixty miles an hour. Frank did not dare raise his eyes from the road ... Frank could barely keep the car on the road. He quickly glanced at the speedometer. The car was traveling at seventy miles an hour." HAHA!! :D :D