Iola: Did you like her dead

Started by NZone, July 01, 2008, 04:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did you feel about Iola getting killed in Dead on Target?

Liked it, kick-started the series
8 (61.5%)
Hated it, i liked her
5 (38.5%)
Thought it was a little drastic the way they killed her, but she needed to go
2 (15.4%)
It was inexcusable!
4 (30.8%)
Best decision ever!
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

I liked the decision since it gave Joe the motivation he needed.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

I think that the series needed an edge, and that fueled it.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Olivia

I don't know what to vote! I really like her character (except she was portrayed as being sort of overdramatic/a little stuck-up in the first Casefile), but at the same time, I completely see and agree what the rest of you are getting at.

Maybe I should vote everyone thinking she's dead except she comes back at the end LOL! I know that's not an option ;)

White Eagle

I liked it because it meant they wouldn't have the same girls in every book, like the Originals.
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Jokerette

uhm guys......IT WAS INEXUSABLE!!! They killed Iola and you thought it was OK!? ??? >:( >:(
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Firefox on July 11, 2008, 11:49:39 AM
uhm guys......IT WAS INEXUSABLE!!! They killed Iola and you thought it was OK!? ??? >:( >:(

With Iola being killed off, it was like what happened to Tasha Yar in Star Trek The Next Generation.  It added to the series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

"You!"

I voted for two.
Thought it was a little drastic the way they killed her, but she needed to go.
It was inexcusable!

I was shocked when I first read it, and I thought it was inexcusable for them to kill off Iola. But I know that the series was good, even better than the original in some ways.  There was character development, the original series in some ways doesn't show that as much. The originals are like a reoccuring cycle of events rearranged in different formats.  The casefiles instead deal with an both and internal and external stuggle.   
CAB :)