#20 Feeding Frenzy

Started by Sam Spade, November 27, 2007, 04:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The Hardy Boys name is well known, yes, but not as much as it used to be, and if you asked someone to name the recent Hardy Boys book, 99 out of 100 people couldn't. Lots of people I know, know of The Hardy Boys but almost never know that new books are still being published.

YouTube is far more well known then The Hardy Boys these days.

tomswift2002

I have to agree with SDLagent.  People know of the classic Hardy Boys, not these newer rip-offs.  A lot of times when I'm reading a new UB book at work people will say to me that they didn't even know that the Hardy Boys were still being written.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

*shig* Iknow.  :(  My Aunt said that about Comic books once.

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 13, 2008, 07:38:43 PM
I have to agree with SDLagent.  People know of the classic Hardy Boys, not these newer rip-offs.  A lot of times when I'm reading a new UB book at work people will say to me that they didn't even know that the Hardy Boys were still being written.

Same here, most people I know don't. And it's not just adults either lots of kids don't even know about them.

I think I'll start a new topic to do with this...

SDLagent

...this thread drift, need no longer go on, I bring thee:

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=916.msg9964#msg9964

That was supposed to be old English.

Olivia

I think all the PR/advertising people who don't know or understand the Hardy Boys' separate series (and which are considered good/bad/popular) could be fooled into using HB:UB for promotion if they don't do their research! ;)

But more likely, the references used are to "modernize" the books, even though S&S could use the $$$, at least for this series. I guess their finances balance out from other books that are selling well. Unless HB:UB is really draining them.

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 13, 2008, 07:38:43 PM
A lot of people know about the casefiles, amost all teens, neaver heard anyone talk bout the UBs besides this form.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Yeah, quite a few know of the Casefiles. They don't know them as that, though. Lots of people I know think of the Digests and Casefiles as the "Paperback Hardy Boys" books.

One of my friends, when talking about Casefiles #1 ''Dead on Target'', once said something along the lines of, "It's good. It's not really the first book, though. I've read books with Iola in them".

003Robin457

Ha Ha! Idiots! Yeld to are knowlage of the Hardy worlds! ;D

Bigfootman

Quote from: SDLagent on March 04, 2009, 03:06:19 AM
Yeah, quite a few know of the Casefiles. They don't know them as that, though. Lots of people I know think of the Digests and Casefiles as the "Paperback Hardy Boys" books.

One of my friends, when talking about Casefiles #1 ''Dead on Target'', once said something along the lines of, "It's good. It's not really the first book, though. I've read books with Iola in them".

The person is correct. Dead On Target was not the first book in the Casefile format, it's the third.

Revenge Of The Desert Phantom and The Skyfire Puzzle come before it.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

That's not what he meant. He was talking about all the books that came before - not just those two.