Operation survival

Started by Kerin, August 01, 2007, 09:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerin

Anybody read operation:survival?
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Centrion

I read it, however it's not my favorite. Frank swears, not like in the casefiles where they don't actually say the words, but actually swears.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Kerin

That was the first and only UB I read and I didn't really care for it.After reading that one I've debated on reading another.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Olivia

I didn't care for it either :-\

tomswift2002

I read it, but thought that it was an awful remake of Deathgame.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: Light123 on August 04, 2007, 11:35:11 AM
I read it, however it's not my favorite. Frank swears, not like in the casefiles where they don't actually say the words, but actually swears.

Frank swears?

Lola

If you want to call it a swear word. It didn't bother me but then I hear it quite a bit. He says D**n.

SDLagent

Quote from: Lola on August 07, 2007, 08:16:47 PM
If you want to call it a swear word. It didn't bother me but then I hear it quite a bit. He says D**n.

That?s not that bad, but the age on the back of the book is 8-12, so I don?t really think they should have it.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on August 07, 2007, 11:29:17 PM
That?s not that bad, but the age on the back of the book is 8-12, so I don?t really think they should have it.

I agree.  I was just watching a Pioneer DVD of the old TV series Sailor Moon, and that DVD was rated 13+ because there are a couple of times, when you have the subtitles turned on, one of the heroines or bad guys will say "D**n".  But it's also rated that due to other things.  But if DVD's have a 13+ rating on them because that word, then why is the word showing up in Hardy Boys books that are meant for 8-12 year-olds?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Welcome peterjattia! :)?

By the way I thought this book was cool to.

HB@1718

I heard that in one part of the book, Frank says the H E double hockey sticks word.

JoeHardyRocks

He does, he just says He__ yeah. It's not bad.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

Quote from: HB@1718 on May 25, 2009, 11:29:16 AM
I heard that in one part of the book, Frank says the H E double hockey sticks word.
Did you hear that in an Amazon review? I reamber the a reviewer saying "H E double hockey sticks."

HB@1718

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: 003Robin457 on May 25, 2009, 03:09:35 PM
Did you hear that in an Amazon review? I reamber the a reviewer saying "H E double hockey sticks."

I read that review too.