What do You think Should Happen Before the End of the UBs?

Started by Frank rules, July 23, 2009, 01:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank rules

*This section is strictly dedicated to the things, big or small, that you think should occur in the UB series before it is killed off*

JoeHardyRocks

I don't know, probably something that makes you think they're going to die or something because it's the last book....
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Frank rules

Personally, I think that the boys should get girlfriends like in previous series'. The creators said that they left out girlfriends because they wanted the boys to be free to see other women, but, frankly, that's just not a possibility in the UBs. Aside from the fact that the Hardys (especially Frank) are quite bad at flirting with any type of pretty girl, they are secret agents. They often use different names and would have to lie all of the time to maintain the relationship. Besides, who wants a long-distance relationship? So, why not just resolve themselves to just date a nice girl in Bayport? ??? 

JoeHardyRocks

But if they got girlfriends and it was the end, nobody would be able to see it play out.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Nothing will happen. The series will just end and the last book will be like another book in the series. That's how it's been with all The Hardy Boys series, and there's no reason to believe it will be any different with the Undercover Brothers. There isn't any plot lines to wrap-up, anyway.

But asks "what do you think should happen?" This is what I think should happen:

The Hardys' and ATAC's fight against WARD escalates into an all-out war. Frank and Joe almost die, Laura discovers the truth - and not in a nice way, and in the end neither agency is left standing.

Frank rules

I'm partly with you on that one. I think that there should be a fight with WARD and that their mom andd aunt should discover that they are secret agents. But I think that ATAC should close down willingly after shutting down WARD and that Joe and Frank should consider dating Callie and Iola- perhaps creating a starting point for the digests, casefiles, or original serries and introducing a believable story for how the boys have the billions of skills that seem to be deux ex machina in the original series'.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Frank rules on July 25, 2009, 12:27:45 AMBut I think that ATAC should close down willingly after shutting down WARD and that Joe and Frank should consider dating Callie and Iola- perhaps creating a starting point for the digests, casefiles, or original serries and introducing a believable story for how the boys have the billions of skills that seem to be deux ex machina in the original series'.

That might've worked---had the beginning of the series not stated that the Hardy Boys were already well known amateur detectives.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Frank rules

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 25, 2009, 07:22:04 AM
That might've worked---had the beginning of the series not stated that the Hardy Boys were already well known amateur detectives.
So. Maybe they became well known due to one of the cases that they solve in that pathetic Clues Brothers series. ;)

003Robin457

And didn't the blue spines say they worked with their father before The Tower Treasure?

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on July 26, 2009, 02:24:58 PM
And didn't the blue spines say they worked with their father before The Tower Treasure?

Both versions of The Tower Treasure did mention that Frank and Joe had run errands for their father before, and while they had investigated certain aspects of Fenton's case, they had not been involved in the entire case.  Mostly Fenton would ask them to go to a coffee shop he was suspicious of and just stake-out the place to see if they could pick up any clues while he handled the major parts of the case.  So that's why The Tower Treasure had lines in it that indicated that it was the first actual case of the boys and not just an assignment from their father.

Now then Dead On Target didn't say one way or the other whether that was the Hardy's first case or if it was continuing on from the Grosset & Dunlap/Wanderer/Minstrel/Aladdin series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Quote from: Buttercup on July 23, 2009, 02:17:17 PM
I don't know, probably something that makes you think they're going to die or something because it's the last book....

That?d actually be a good sequence if they can write it well and even semi-shock us (although we know they?ll never die - well, never say never but whatev).

The more I think about it, the more I think they should somehow bring ATAC to a close (several compelling ways they can do this) and then start a new series as a continuation. I think it could be interesting, and it would mature Frank and Joe a bit more. It's do-able for $&$ because it's a good compromise. And they could still have bits of their ATAC past come up (but not too much).

I don?t see a revival of the Casefiles anytime (soon).

Olivia

About the girlfriend thing: I always thought they don?t have the time for girls, or a decent explanation to give them because Frank and Joe are not always in town & have to keep their undercover status a secret, anyways.

Frank rules

Quote from: Bubbles on July 26, 2009, 07:47:09 PM
About the girlfriend thing: I always thought they don?t have the time for girls, or a decent explanation to give them because Frank and Joe are not always in town & have to keep their undercover status a secret, anyways.
The Hardy boys of old were able to balance relationships with outstanding schoolwork, home life, sports, and solving mysteries (that kicked the crud out of the UBs), so why can't these Hardys do the same thing. And on the issue of secret identities, why do the Hardys need to lie to their parents and friends to protect the location of where they are going and what they do, when 50 odd years of experience tells us that they never died or sustained any life-threatening injuries (and neither did their friends or parents (though their mom was captured in The Danger Zone, but it was related to Fentons' case)) while they weren't making constant use of disguises, hiding behind a secret agency (they did work for the Network, but as free agents), or lying to their parents or friends about their extracuricular activities?

Olivia

All valid points, and I agree.

However, I am only looking at the context of the UBs. It seems like they barely have time to do their homework, let alone have a social life. Thank $&$ and ATAC for that.