Galaxy X Spoiler Board

Started by tomswift2002, March 19, 2009, 03:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Okay, considering that Double Deception contains a sneak-peek for Galaxy X, I decided to setup a spoiler board for the book.

When I was reading the teaser, I noticed that the Hardy Boys are being sent as radio contest winners to the park.  Didn't the boys just happen to also "win" a pair of tickets in Top Ten Ways To Die or even on Bayport Buccaneers

Plus, an X-games place with roller coasters and an amusement park atmosphere?  Doesn't that sound an awful lot like Extreme Danger, or how about even Digest #113 Radical Moves, and UB #4 Thrill Ride or even #10 Blown Away?

Plus, even the "threats" that the manager receives...haven't we heard of stars getting email death threats in Death and Diamonds and Deprivation House or even Double Trouble, and even Warehouse Rumble (from the Digest line)?

Also, when did ATAC start sending the Hardy's cases on CD or DVD?  Last time that I checked, ATAC sent the boys cases on a game disc of some sort that the boys could play on a computer, a Wii/Xbox type machine, or even a PSP type machine.  Of course, the discs usually rewrite and reformat themselves into regular Audio CD's.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Not more threats! If this trend continues, I'm going go with the masses and send some threats. To S&S.

Doesn't sound very promising, although I didn't have high hopes since I read the plot summary on Amazon a few months back.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 19, 2009, 03:32:43 PM
Also, when did ATAC start sending the Hardy's cases on CD or DVD?  Last time that I checked, ATAC sent the boys cases on a game disc of some sort that the boys could play on a computer, a Wii/Xbox type machine, or even a PSP type machine.  Of course, the discs usually rewrite and reformat themselves into regular Audio CD's.

Well, I think these are supposed to be state of the art, high-tech multi-platform disks that you can play on just about any thing.

tomswift2002

Today at work a bunch of us were talking about old detective TV shows, like the 1977 Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries and Dragnet 1967 and even the old 1951 Dick Tracy live action series, and how in those series we didn't see in every episode a murder or the tossing around of body parts, like we see in CSI and Cold Case.

And I guess that Simon & Schuster is trying to follow that with the new Hardy Boys series.  Reuse one plot device.  Funny thing is, as I recall from the Peggy Hertz book, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys (Scholastic 1977, also known as The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew from 1978 onward), in 1975-76 the Networks were finding that the ratings for the old shoot'em up detective shows were starting to go down, and when the 1977 Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries debutted, the ratings for the show were at the top of the charts.  So, I wonder if the murder plots that we are seeing in everything from TV to Hardy Boys books, are close to coming to an end, since I think the ratings for shows like CSI are dropping.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Olivia

Well, ratings on TV are going down across the board. There are many possible reasons for it and sometimes it's just a combination of factors. One reason could be that people like to watch on computers now, or it could be these shows run so long and there's so many of them that people are bored.

I don?t always take high stock into ratings (maybe back in the day, though) because it?s only those who have those Neilson boxes, right?

I know of shows that have bad ratings but keep going because they know that there is a huge audience fanbase because of feedback and so on.

Lola

I finished my copy and the story wasn't too bad. For once Frank also teased Joe. I liked how the writer wrote the brothers, lots of kidding and teasing but in a nice way. I didn't even mind the non-ending since this is a trilogy. Let's hope the second book is good also.

SDLagent

I need to catch-up! The last UB I read was ''Double Trouble''!

JoeHardyRocks

I haven't read it either.  :'(
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

HB@1718

Double Trouble is pretty good. At least, I think it's a good way to start off the trilogy.

tomswift2002

I say skip all the books of the Double Trouble trilogy, except the last one.

SDLagent

Why are you talking about the Double Trilogy here?

tomswift2002

JoeHardyRocks

I wasn't! I was talking about this one...
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

I was just saying I wasn't. :P
"Thank you, Joe."

HB@1718

Sorry, my fault. I started talking about the Double Trouble Tril. Back to Galaxy X!