Color of the Hardy Boys' roadster?

Started by prairiecrow, January 02, 2009, 05:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prairiecrow

Hello, all:

If someone could remind me of the color (or colors) of the Hardy Boys' roadster, that would be super.  :)

Thank you!

Laurie E. Smith

SDLagent

That would be yellow, acrouding to the original Hardy Boys series, and I think it was also mentioned in The Hardy Boys Casefiles. However, on the cover of The Hardy Boys Caseilfes #1 ''Dead on Target'' (in which the Hardys' roadster is blown up, with Joe's girlfriend Iola inside it), it looks brown. Take a look:

BTW, you wouldn't be THE Laurie E. Smith, who works as colorist for Papercutz, for their Hardy Boys series? Well, actullay I'm guessing you are...considering your question. Great job with the colors on the series, so far. Good to see you do your research! :)

Q

There goes your statement that no one from Papercutz getting on here, SDL.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on January 03, 2009, 12:18:32 AM
That would be yellow, acrouding to the original Hardy Boys series, and I think it was also mentioned in The Hardy Boys Casefiles. However, on the cover of The Hardy Boys Caseilfes #1 ''Dead on Target'' (in which the Hardys' roadster is blown up, with Joe's girlfriend Iola inside it), it looks brown. Take a look:

The car could also be looking brown in that cover because it is on fire and the shadows from the flames are causing the yellow parts to look darker.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

prairiecrow

Quote from: Santa Claus on January 03, 2009, 10:11:47 AM
The car could also be looking brown in that cover because it is on fire and the shadows from the flames are causing the yellow parts to look darker.

That would be my guess as well (it's certainly how I would be inclined to color a yellow car against yellow flames).

prairiecrow

And thank you for answering my question.  :) (It's not regarding anything in an upcoming book; I just keep a file of HB-universe details that have already been established, and the color of their car  is one that I didn't have yet.)

SDLagent

It's really good to hear you care about getting your facts right, when it comes to the Hardy World. Us HB fans have suffered through a ton of continuity problems, with authors and illustrators who couldn't care less about the continuity.  Scott Lobdell and the rest of the creative team on the graphics is doing a great job with the graphics, though!

As for the fire making the paint look brown, I would have to agree with what you guys have said.

4567TME

Quote from: prairiecrow on January 02, 2009, 05:01:11 PM
Hello, all:

If someone could remind me of the color (or colors) of the Hardy Boys' roadster, that would be super.  :)

Thank you!

Laurie E. Smith
You mean, you're from Papercutz?!

prairiecrow

SDLagent

What other work have you done Laurie E. Smith?

prairiecrow

Quote from: SDLagent on September 30, 2009, 01:24:27 AM
What other work have you done Laurie E. Smith?

I do production color and art reconstruction on the Marvel Masterworks reprint series, and I was formerly the colorist on Girl Genius with Phil and Kaja Foglio. My other credits include Race Warrior (a NASCAR comic tie-in), some small jobs for Heavy Metal, and a bunch of different comics (including quite a few issues of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight) that I colored under the Digital Chameleon imprint.

In 1996 my husband and I were nominated for an Eisner Award for our work on The X-Files comic tie-in from Topps.

SDLagent

Cool. I've read few issues of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight.

I was wondering, how far in advance do you work? For example, have you already colored The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel #20?