Double Danger Trilogy Spoiler Board

Started by SDLagent, November 18, 2008, 10:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Talk about the three books in the new The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Double Danger Trilogy, ''Double Trouble'', ''Double Down'', ''Double Deception'', here.

WARNING: SPOILERS WILL FOLLOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

SDLagent

I read ''Double Danger'' last night - I'll post a review later.

003Robin457

It was a pretty good book. Not much action untill the end though. I was so mad at the very end though. 9 pages left, they have no idea who the bad guy is, and then they catch him. Although I do admire Frank's quick thinking I wish this was more of a to be continued. :-\ Oh well missing twin and dead body are better than a dead bird. So far better than Murder House. Also good to see Chet even if only for a few chapters. I wish they invited Biff to the party, but oh well. And Blenda is back. I was beggining to wonder if we say the last of her. I wonder if she will stay with Jayson or go back to Frank. I give the book an 8.5 of 10.

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on November 25, 2008, 09:12:10 AM
It was a pretty good book. Not much action untill the end though. I was so mad at the very end though. 9 pages left, they have no idea who the bad guy is, and then they catch him. Although I do admire Frank's quick thinking I wish this was more of a to be continued. :-\ Oh well missing twin and dead body are better than a dead bird. So far better than Murder House. Also good to see Chet even if only for a few chapters. I wish they invited Biff to the party, but oh well. And Blenda is back. I was beggining to wonder if we say the last of her. I wonder if she will stay with Jayson or go back to Frank. I give the book an 8.5 of 10.
Quote from: 003Robin457 on November 25, 2008, 09:12:10 AM

I wish the author had had some of the Hardys friends appear at the party and not just a bunch of nameless extras.  Where were Callie, Iola and Phil?  Come on, its not like a movie where you have to pay for more actors.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

I think they did not bring C&I bucause they did not whant them to get hurt by Jason like, whats her name, Emily.

hardy boys fan

i hope double trouble is better than murder house and how does
SDLagent get the UB books faster than anyone else on the forum.
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

SDLagent

Yeah, I used to seem to get the UB and graphics before anybody else. Lately I've been getting the UB before around the same time as everyone else, and the graphics after everyone. I don't know what's up with the bookstore.

003Robin457

Lately I've been the first to get the graphics. ;D

SDLagent

Yeah, I noticed that.

You can tell what I think of the Double Danger Trilogy, while better then Murder House, it's not that good, and I'm getting tired of running down the UB.

I'll just post my rating for the book: 2/5

tomswift2002

So far, after reading 9 chapters I have to give the book a rating of: 1.75 out of 10.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardy boys fan

i cant get UB books >:( or any other HB books cause my nearest library doesnt have them and the book store is far from my where i live.
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardy boys fan on November 26, 2008, 04:16:37 PM
i cant get UB books >:( or any other HB books cause my nearest library doesnt have them and the book store is far from my where i live.

Have you tried using Inter-Library loan for the Casefiles and UB books?

hardy boys fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 26, 2008, 07:50:59 PM
Have you tried using Inter-Library loan for the Casefiles and UB books?
how do you do that
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardy boys fan on November 26, 2008, 09:03:06 PM
how do you do that

At your library just go up to the checkout counter and ask them if you can get some books in on interlibrary loan.  They'll usually give you a couple of sheets of paper (depending on how many books you want, although the limit is usually 3 book) that will ask for the title of the book, the author, publisher, year of publication and if you are willing to pay a fee (at my library, it doesn't matter if you check yes or no for the fee, since most libraries don't charge the fee).  Then the library takes the sheets and at the minimum it might take a week to get a book in, or it might take longer.  Some books I've had took about 2 months to get to my library because they were checked out at the lending library for a while.

hardy boys fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 26, 2008, 09:10:47 PM
At your library just go up to the checkout counter and ask them if you can get some books in on interlibrary loan.  They'll usually give you a couple of sheets of paper (depending on how many books you want, although the limit is usually 3 book) that will ask for the title of the book, the author, publisher, year of publication and if you are willing to pay a fee (at my library, it doesn't matter if you check yes or no for the fee, since most libraries don't charge the fee).  Then the library takes the sheets and at the minimum it might take a week to get a book in, or it might take longer.  Some books I've had took about 2 months to get to my library because they were checked out at the lending library for a while.
    thanks tomswift2002
Hey!............. Ohhhhh