Graphic Novels in General

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, August 11, 2007, 01:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia

I always like your enthusiasm, Robin :)

edwardsbella

I haven't read any of the Graphic novels yet. They didn't look that great. But my mom has been buying them and I looked at one yesterday, it looks ok. I might read it.

003Robin457

Read it they are all good but the later ones have been getting realy good. 8)

edwardsbella

I will. I borrowed it from my mom.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

edwardsbella

A Hardy Days Night. # 10. I finished it earlier. I liked it :)

SDLagent

So, is that the first graphic you've read?

edwardsbella

Yeah, its the only one my mom owns.

Olivia

Who agrees that The Opposite Numbers to the GNs is like Wanted to the UBs (in general)? Is that sort of a fair comparison? Thoughts?

I'm just thinking in terms of quality writing, plot and style, as well as the fact that the majority of us agree to those two stories being the best of its kind (so far).

And now that I think about it, Frank and Joe also have rivals in both so that's something else to add in similarities.

SDLagent

Yes, I agree that they are similar in some ways, although ''Wanted'' is waaaaaaaaaaay better then any of other UB, whereas ''The Opposite Numbers'' comes in a close third on my fav graphics list.

Olivia

Yeah, I guess I have to read more GNs. I've only read about half of them (I think) compared to all of the the UBs (except I'm always behind on the newest one or two).

SDLagent

Buy up those Papercutz graphic novels.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on January 10, 2009, 03:53:18 AM
Buy up those Papercutz graphic novels.

Yeah, considering that most people consider the graphic novels to be the actual "canon" of the Undercover Brothers series, whereas the regular novels are considered by most to be apocrypha.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

Need I say it again GNs Rock! 8)
I love comics! ;D

Tom does apocrypha mean non-conan?

SDLagent