November 2012 Book Club Discussion: Operation:Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, November 05, 2012, 01:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Post your thoughts about Operation:Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation.

This was a great book, brilliant ending. All I'm saying for now. ;)

MacGyver

The Phoenix Equation was a great wrap up to one of the best trilogies in The Hardy Boys books ever. It's certainly one of my favorites.  :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I was reading the book and I noticed a big error that I had never noticed before.  When Joe leaves the message for Gustav Strular, he asks the desk clerk to leave it in Strular's mail box, and the clerk responds as if they know Strular's real name, when the clerk should've asked "Who?"
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 26, 2012, 10:57:09 AM
Aha! A hidden plotline! The clerk was in on the operation too. ;) ;D

[size=78%]Yeah, I know. I wasn't expecting that.[/size] ;)

tomswift2002

The Phoenix Equation was a great end to the first official Hardy Boys trilogy.  This trilogy sure keeps you guessing, even on multiple read throughs; unfortunately none of the UB trilogies can hold a candle to this trilogy.  I feel that in even 50 years, if any more trilogies are produced, every trilogy will be compared to Operation: Phoenix.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Agree on every count. :) 8) Operation: Phoenix was the first official Hardy Boys trilogy and the first one always seems to be the standard for future versions. And it's by far one of, if not the best. (I do like the Ring of Evil trilogy a lot too- probably because it has The Network and The Assasins in it. Come to think of it- we should do that trilogy in the reviews some time too.) :)