Book Availability

Started by bozonessinc, October 16, 2008, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 18, 2008, 10:16:04 PM
My library's actually missing some of the earlier GNs as opposed to the newer ones.

And I don't buy anything, I always get it from the library. Except I have the first 8 UBs because I got them for $14.

I buy all the Hardy Boys novels that come out, plus the graphics. I have the novels on pre-order up to ''Galaxy X''. I haven't ordered ''Shhhhhh!'' yet though.

003Robin457

I have all the UBs. I don't pre order though. I just know what stores have them and get them ASAP. 8)

bozonessinc

I don't read graphics, I just read ubs!

Bigfootman

It seems that nobody in my nigborhood likes the UBs, I seen people read the Casefiles but NEAVER the UBs. It seems that nobody in my nigborhood likes the UBs, I seen people read the Casefiles but NEAVER the UBs. maybe it's the fact that in used book stores you can get casefiles for a doller, or maybe it's that....UBs COST 9 (BLEEPING) DOLLERS!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

Wow. I've seen afew used UBs and they are like $2.50. Unless you mean GN witch are more expensive, like $3-4ish. But I don't know any HB that should be $9 used.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on October 19, 2008, 12:49:06 AM
I buy all the Hardy Boys novels that come out, plus the graphics. I have the novels on pre-order up to ''Galaxy X''. I haven't ordered ''Shhhhhh!'' yet though.

I don't think I've got "Galaxy X" on order yet, but I do have "Shhhhh!" on order.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

Poor people who have to order. :'( I'm in UB city and can find all my books at B&N! ;D

tomswift2002

Quote from: Bigfootman on October 19, 2008, 03:05:08 PM
It seems that nobody in my nigborhood likes the UBs, I seen people read the Casefiles but NEAVER the UBs. It seems that nobody in my nigborhood likes the UBs, I seen people read the Casefiles but NEAVER the UBs. maybe it's the fact that in used book stores you can get casefiles for a doller, or maybe it's that....UBs COST 9 (BLEEPING) DOLLERS!

And at used bookstore you can usually get used copies of the original Hardy Boys for anywhere from $2 - $8 dollars a book, and the books are hardcover, which means that people are paying an extra dollar new for a paperback book just so that they can have it in..."new" condition?????  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense?

Of course I know that some brick-and-mortar used bookstore base their prices on internet prices at abebooks.com, Barnes and Nobles and up here in Canada, Chapters.ca used section to see what the going price is for original Hardy Boys as 1962 PC's, Revised PC's, and of course, Dustjacket edition without the Dustjacket.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 19, 2008, 05:59:17 PM
Poor people who have to order. :'( I'm in UB city and can find all my books at B&N! ;D

As I've said in the past, the only Graphic Novel that my local Coles ever had on their shelves was Ocean Of Osyria back in March-June 2005, and then they never got in Identity Crisis, so I've had to order the GN's ever since.  And recently I've received some coupons for the Chapters website, so I tended to order all the upcoming Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers books, (except Galaxy X, since I'm waiting to see if they announce the other books in the trilogy before ordering, since if they do, I'll order all three at once) at once, plus with Chapters.ca, whether you are ordering at the kiosk in store, or online, if you order a minimum of $40 dollars worth of stuff ($40 before tax), shipping is free to your home!

Of course, I still go to the brick-and-mortar Coles for my Star Trek books.  And pretty soon I'll be picking up Star Trek Destiny Book 2 by David Mack at that store.

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 19, 2008, 06:10:58 PM
As I've said in the past, the only Graphic Novel that my local Coles ever had on their shelves was Ocean Of Osyria back in March-June 2005, and then they never got in Identity Crisis, so I've had to order the GN's ever since. 
Identy Theft Tom. Are you a DC fan?

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 19, 2008, 06:14:07 PM
Identy Theft Tom. Are you a DC fan?

I always get that title mixed up. 

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 19, 2008, 06:00:16 PM
And at used bookstore you can usually get used copies of the original Hardy Boys for anywhere from $2 - $8 dollars a book, and the books are hardcover, which means that people are paying an extra dollar new for a paperback book just so that they can have it in..."new" condition?????  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense?

Of course I know that some brick-and-mortar used bookstore base their prices on internet prices at abebooks.com, Barnes and Nobles and up here in Canada, Chapters.ca used section to see what the going price is for original Hardy Boys as 1962 PC's, Revised PC's, and of course, Dustjacket edition without the Dustjacket.
I ment that the price of the UBs in Chapters is 9 dollers, the price of casefiles in used book stores is lower. Of corse I have reserved all the paperback Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books at the nearest used book store, so I get a lot of books!  ;D

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

Sometimes on used book sites if onlw a few people have them then they kind of fix the prices on them. For example I got Nightwing Hunt for Orcal at a used book store for $7.50 when it was $35.00 online!

bozonessinc

The GN's are more because of the ink used? Color ink?

003Robin457

Yeah, GNs use way more ink and have thicker paper.