The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

So I guess no one else knows this one? Do we need a hint?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Pocahontas/Elizabeth. (Night Of The Werewolf).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yes, that is correct. Good job. :) 8)

(I have both a Wanderer and Minstrel printing of Night of the Werewolf- Pocahontas is originally used in the Wanderer printing and then it's changed to Elizabeth in the Minstrel printing. I'm not sure why Pocahontas would be a discriminatory or offensive name somehow to use for a Native American character- but apparently someone thought it was an issue and decided to change it for the Minstrel version...)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

The Grosset & Dunlap reissue used the original Wanderer text, so the character's name was Pochahontas in the recent editions.

Next question:

At school, what was Tony Prito falsely accused of?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

QuoteThe Grosset & Dunlap reissue used the original Wanderer text, so the character's name was Pochahontas in the recent editions.
Oh, you mean the hardcover version? Well, that's cool- I guess they decided to relax on that then. (Or just plain forgot about it.)

MacGyver

I believe I know the answer to this one, but I'll wait a while and see if anyone else wants to answer first.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on September 23, 2013, 11:26:14 AM
Oh, you mean the hardcover version? Well, that's cool- I guess they decided to relax on that then. (Or just plain forgot about it.)

Well, considering that the G&D version also used the internal pictures from the Wanderer edition, I think it was probably easier for them to reuse the Wanderer printing plates rather than retype setting the books. (Especially since the Minstrel plates would've Ben type set for no pictures.)

MacGyver

Oh, well- duh (on my part)- that's a good point too. 8)

MacGyver

No guesses yet? Well, just to confirm my hunch- is this from a Digests story?

tomswift2002

MacGyver

Hmm- one of the original 58 then? (OT or revised)

tomswift2002

MacGyver

Hmm- well, then I'm thinking maybe it's from the Casefiles?

('Cause if it's Undercover Brothers, I won't know it- haven't read enough of those to know-lol. One of these days I may still read the rest of that series.....)

tomswift2002

Not the Casefiles either or the Undercover Brothers.

MacGyver

Hmm- okay. That narrows it down then. I will have to keep digging on this one......