Grrrr and Grumble, grumble

Started by Lola, August 31, 2007, 08:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola

I was at the mall today and walked into Walden's bookstore....I was hoping...okay wishfull thinking...that UB#18 would be out early. But as usual all I found of the UBs was ONE Supermystery: Wanted, and ONE #8(I'm drawing a blank on the title). They had quite a few Nancy Drew Girl Undercover.

I asked one of the sells people why they had such a small inventory of HB books....she told me that they don't sell very many and the only reason they had so many Nancy Drew books was due to the movie. ::)

SDLagent

Quote from: Lola on August 31, 2007, 08:25:40 PM
...she told me that they don't sell very many and the only reason they had so many Nancy Drew books was due to the movie. ::)

That?s too bad! >:(

My small local bookstore always puts 2 copies of the UB new books on the shelves the on pub date and sometimes before that.  And then when they sell out order more, right now they have 2 copies all 17 UB books and 1 copy of both Super Mystery and 2 copies of Terror on Tour (this might not seem like much but as I said before its small).  But I guess this must be rare, and I guess I?m lucky! :)       

tomswift2002

That's the way the large chain Coles in my city does it.  They get one or two in for the shelf, but they usually get a third in for me, ad possible others if others have ordered the book.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

The Barnes and Noble (big chain store as well) in my area always has LOTS of the books it seems.  But then, they are also the only book store for 100+ miles in any direction. 

Kerin

In the bookstore I go to they usally have at least 5 different UB books.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Lola

SkyWarp

Quote from: Lola on September 01, 2007, 06:49:55 PM
Thankfully I can always get the UBs on walmart.com!

SHAMELESS PLUG -- :)

You can always order them from this very amazon.com store here and then that gives me a couple pennies to rub together and han over to the wife and make her happy.  :)

Olivia

I was at Chapters recently and they always have at least 3-4+ in stock for each book :)

This is really random, but I got the first 8 in a pack from Costco for $14 CAD! It was in the wrong section, and I found out it was the last one :o

"You!"

When I go to Barnes and Nobles, I almost never find any Hardy Boys Graphic novels except #1 and #3. I figure that the kids are out of school, and probably bought them up.  :P  So I waited until summer was over and came back into the store and found the shelves in full stock.  Has anyone ever gone to a Borders to find Hardy Boys Graphic Novels? I can never find them in that store. I look in juvenile, and even the graphic novel section....
CAB :)

tomswift2002

I've never been in a Barnes & Noble, but I have been in Chapters, Smithbooks, Coles and various other stores owned by Chapters-Indigo under their "Book Company" banner.  The only time that I ever saw a Hardy Boys or even Nancy Drew graphic novel was when the first graphics were released, and I only saw that at the Coles in Pembroke.  Otherwise, no one bothers to stock them.  Every time that a new graphic novel comes out, I have to order the book through the Chapters kiosk that is in Coles.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Lola

Quote from: SkyWarp on September 01, 2007, 07:48:13 PM
SHAMELESS PLUG -- :)

You can always order them from this very amazon.com store here and then that gives me a couple pennies to rub together and han over to the wife and make her happy.  :)
My bad Skywarp!!! Not only am I making your wife unhappy but probably depriving your pretty daughter of the many Barbies she may want!!! The only reason I order from walmart.com is the 97cent shipping fee! I promise....from now on I'll order here!

SkyWarp

Nah, don't order from the store on my account (or my wife's).  It takes forever before I'll ever get any money from amazon.  At just 4-6% payback and a check threshold of 20-100 dollars, that means over 100 UB books would need to be bought before I would even reach the 20 threshold. 

If you can find them cheaper somewhere else, (whether by shipping or not) then go for it. 

However, please note that if there is ANYTHING from amazon that you want to buy, you can always do it from this store.  Do a search from the RESEARCH page and then buy whatever you want after that.  Anything bought from that point (if placed into your cart before leaving Amazon's site, would be credited back to this site. 

To be honest, the web store as well as many other features on this site (which I can't exactly name for various reasons both legal and research-wise) are just more attempts of mine to study the World Wide Web and how things work so that I can use that for my job and other endeavors. 

So in a since we are all guinea pigs for my experiements.  :P  We are just all doing it with a theme we all enjoy!  The Hardy Boys!!! 

Oh, if anyone ever has any suggestions for the Bayport Mall, I more than willing to listen.  No guarantee it will find its way to the store, but you never know.  The SkyWarp's Picks page has some really interesting ones sometimes.   :o

"You!"

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 02, 2007, 07:56:03 AM
I've never been in a Barnes & Noble, but I have been in Chapters, Smithbooks, Coles and various other stores owned by Chapters-Indigo under their "Book Company" banner.  The only time that I ever saw a Hardy Boys or even Nancy Drew graphic novel was when the first graphics were released, and I only saw that at the Coles in Pembroke.  Otherwise, no one bothers to stock them.  Every time that a new graphic novel comes out, I have to order the book through the Chapters kiosk that is in Coles.

Thanks for the info.  I myself have never gone to a Chapters, Smithbooks, or Coles before.  They only have Borders, Hastings, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Nobles, where I live.  :P  I guess the stores vary from state to state, but as long as they carry Hardy Boys Mysteries I'll be there. ;)
CAB :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: "You!" on September 03, 2007, 02:25:22 AM
Thanks for the info.  I myself have never gone to a Chapters, Smithbooks, or Coles before.  They only have Borders, Hastings, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Nobles, where I live.  :P  I guess the stores vary from state to state, but as long as they carry Hardy Boys Mysteries I'll be there. ;)

As far as I know, the Chapters-Indigo chain (which includes Coles, Smith Books and the Book Company stores) is only in Canada.  I guess the Chapters-Indigo chain would be comparable to the Barnes and Nobles chain in the States.

Centrion

I get my at BnN and they have 1, 2, 3, 4, 17, 18, 19 UB. All but 7 on the UB GN.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe