Mr. Pizza Forum Upgrade

Started by SkyWarp, July 18, 2009, 08:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Well, it has all come together a little bit sooner than originally planned.  The new forum and its integration into the new site design is finalized.  Having multiple themes that incorporate various hardy boys series is not planned for the near future.  However, it is not out of the question for the future. 

I have enabled other default themes as well, in case you prefer one of the older styles, but as I said above, those currently are not integrated with the main website design. 

bozonessinc

WOW!! I work in web design all the time.. I just want to tell SkyWarp this is the best work I HAVE EVER seen. And I love the adsense ads. Now.. Are they integrated into the posting too. Thats something you should consider!

SkyWarp

Quote from: bozonessinc on November 15, 2009, 06:09:22 PM
Are they integrated into the posting too. Thats something you should consider!

Already considered, but have decided against it for now.  Digging through someone else's code is not always that easy.  But I am pretty sure there are special mods and ad-ins already built for such a thing with this forum software, so perhaps it wouldn't be all that hard. 

bozonessinc

Yeah, SkyWarp, I actually will look into it for you.. But I probably won't be back full-time posting on this forum again... I am working on some sites right now....

I'll see what I can find!

SkyWarp

bozonessinc

Hey SkyWarp,

Just Wondering.. Did you use a template for some of the site/forum design. Or did you use any resources. Just looking around for my site. If its a trade secret thats ok...

Thanks,

Bozonessinc

SkyWarp

Quote from: bozonessinc on November 17, 2009, 02:13:28 PM
Did you use a template for some of the site/forum design. Or did you use any resources.

I created it from scratch, however, it is based upon a word press template I had seen once.  Not sure where I saw the word press template, but if I come across it again, I'll let you know. 

bozonessinc

Hello SkyWarp,

Thanks. I wish you luck with your adsense adventure. I don't remember if you ever had adsense on the site before. I have one tip if you decide to put adsense inside of the posts. You should have "Login to remove ads".

Bozonessinc

bozonessinc

Skywarp,

It's awfully strange in Google Chrome...

The whole site is messed up.. At least the forum parts... Ok?

Download Google Chrome and Check it

SkyWarp

Yeah, I have all major browsers already downloaded.  The Chrome (and Safari as well as it is based on the same engine) thing is very odd indeed.  Not sure what could be causing that. 

SDLagent

I  use Opera, but when I read this, I clicked on Chrome, to see what you were talking about. Looks fine to me.

SkyWarp

Quote from: SDLagent on November 28, 2009, 07:45:10 PM
I  use Opera, but when I read this, I clicked on Chrome, to see what you were talking about. Looks fine to me.

In Chrome and Safari, some posts have the signature area and report to moderator links pushed up to the right of the text of the post instead of at the bottom of the post.  It isn't always there, but on the longer posts it is most evident. 

tomswift2002

I like how you've made sections for the Originals, Digests and the Clues Brothers.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent