2012 Book Club Schedule

Started by tomswift2002, November 07, 2011, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

For the past two years we have been reading a book a month.  New members are welcome to join in. 

Sign-up here for what month you'd like to lead the discussion.  At first we'll start off with one month per person.  If we find later on that there are months that no one's signed-up for then we may let people who have already signed up a chance to lead in another month.

And please remember to put your forum name, the book title and what series (Grosset & Dunlap Mystery Stories, Simon & Schuster Mystery Stories, Casefiles, Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88, Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller, Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers, Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Super Mystery, Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery'07, Graphic Novel, Clues Brothers, Secret Files, Be A Detective, Super Sleuths!...I don't think I forgot any series---and Hardy Boys Adventures doesn't count because it's not out yet!)

January -
February -
March -
April - tomswift2002 Final Gambit (Hardy Boys Casefiles #62)
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

For the past two years we have been reading a book a month.  New members are welcome to join in. 

Sign-up here for what month you'd like to lead the discussion.  At first we'll start off with one month per person.  If we find later on that there are months that no one's signed-up for then we may let people who have already signed up a chance to lead in another month.

And please remember to put your forum name, the book title and what series (Grosset & Dunlap Mystery Stories, Simon & Schuster Mystery Stories, Casefiles, Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88, Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller, Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers, Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Super Mystery, Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery'07, Graphic Novel, Clues Brothers, Secret Files, Be A Detective, Super Sleuths!...I don't think I forgot any series---and Hardy Boys Adventures doesn't count because it's not out yet!)

January - Katie Dead on Arrival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88)
February -
March -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 07, 2011, 06:04:25 PM

January - Katie Dead on Arrival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88)
February - AlwaysAJoefan Danger Zone (Casefile)
March -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

January - Katie Dead on Arrival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #23)
February - AlwaysAJoefan Danger Zone (Hardy Boys Casefiles #37)
March - MacGyver Extreme Danger (Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers, #1)
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Looks like for most of the first quarter of 2012 we'll be visiting the Casefiles universe.

I wonder what the rest of the year is going to be lik!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Thanks Santa Claus for taking the initiative with this. I have enjoyed our discussions but I have fallen behind a lot this year. So thanks for taking the reins and continuing it. I appreciate it!!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Any one up to taking one of the months between May and December?  If no one else takes a month by December 1st, then we'll open it up for people who have already selected a month.

MacGyver

Sounds good- hopefully someone else will jump in...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

I'll jump in.
January - Katie Dead on Arrival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #23)
February - AlwaysAJoefan Danger Zone (Hardy Boys Casefiles #37)
March - MacGyver Extreme Danger (Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers, #1)
May -  Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #29)
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Cool- thanks, Dan- glad to have you in on this. :)

MacGyver

Just a bump for this thread- a few more days in November and by Thursday, December will be here!
Any other takers for next year? We still have 7 months open- and so far we have mainly Hardy Boys books from the Casefiles universe- which is certainly cool - and the lone entry from the Undercover Brothers universe (yeah- I'm finally going there- lol ;D).
Maybe someone wants to do one of the classic original Mystery Stories? (original or revised text)
Or The Clues Brothers or Secret Files? (both of which I do believe we've done at least once before.)
Don't forget that we can also do the one-off titles like The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook (original or revised), The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories, The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook, The Hardy Boys' Guide to Life or any of the other series listed at the start of this thread. :)

tomswift2002

Here are the books that we've disussed in 2010:

Quote from: hardygirl847
May- tomswift2002, Clues Brothers #3 First Day, Worst Day

June-SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #2 The House on the Cliff

July- tomswift2002, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88, Murder On The Fourth of July

August- SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #10 What Happened at Midnight

September- hardygirl847, Secret Files, Trouble at the Arcade

October- MacGyver, Casefiles, Dead of Night #80

November-hardygirl847, Digest, Trapped at Sea #75

December- MacGyver- The Hardy Boys (Originals) #8 "The Mystery of Cabin Island"

and the books that we did or are still doing in 2011

Quote from: tomswift2002
Here is the OFFICIAL Schedule for 2011.

January- Olivia, The Borderline Case (#25 Casefile)

February- Hardygirl847-Hardy Boys Digests # 96-Wipeout

March- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefiles ?The Genius Thieves

April- tomswift2002 The Hardy Boys #94 Breakdown In Axeblade

May- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Melted Coins

June- MacGyver The Hardy Boys #115 Sabotage at Sports City

July- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefile: Beyond the Law.

August- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Casefiles #14 Too Many Traitors

September- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Secret of the Old Mill #3

October- Olivia-The Secret Warning (#17 Original, revised)

November- Hardygirl847- Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew SuperMystery-Tour of Danger

December- tomswift2002 - Hardy Boys #147 Trial and Terror

MacGyver

Thanks for the rundown. By the way, we also did The Tower Treasure to start off in March 2010 and then Thick as Thieves in April 2010.

trixz15

MacGyver

No problem- you can definitely jump in. Just pick one of the open months and let us know what book you want to discuss for that month. Glad to have you on board. :)