Traditional (Blue and Gold)
7 (63.6%)
New UB Design
3 (27.3%)
PC Game Cover Design
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

SkyWarp

Anyone think that the Graphic novels should change their design to match the new UB design or should they continue with the light blue and gold colors? 

From a marketing perspective, I have two or three thoughts that go against what I would really like to see, but I am curious what everyone else thinks. 

Olivia

Good question. Trying to picture it.

Well, the bigger words, I think, might look a tad weird for the graphic novel. Maybe because the GNs seems more condensed or something, so it doesn't have as good of a balance? Can't really explain what I mean.

SDLagent

I was thinking about this too. Good question...but I'm not sure.

What do you think, CJ?

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

I like the Traditional. :D

Q

SDLagent

I made some adjustments to the current style, which I think improve it slightly for the Graphic Novels...

Q

SkyWarp

Quote from: SDLagent on October 11, 2008, 05:23:46 PM
I made some adjustments to the current style, which I think improve it slightly for the Graphic Novels...

Agreed.  The curve has bugged me forever.  Hmmmmmm, let me see if I can do a mock up and see what it looks like. 

SkyWarp

Here we go, something like this perhaps. 

JoeHardyRocks

I like the regular way. ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

Nice job on the manip!

003Robin457

Cool but the box makes it look to much like a single issue instead of a graphic novel.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SkyWarp on October 11, 2008, 07:56:02 PM
Here we go, something like this perhaps. 

Really nice.  Actually that would look better than the current version, or even your modified version of the current version.

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 12, 2008, 09:33:48 AM
Cool but the box makes it look to much like a single issue instead of a graphic novel.

Interesting point.  Although I don't totally agree with it, I do think that the yellow box is dated and need to go.  I would think the logo and title at the bottom would be good enough and we could put the title and number by themselves.