Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Mystery #6

Started by Bigfootman, November 05, 2011, 10:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

It could be a mock-up, I suppose...but I think it's probably the real deal- just not out on sites yet. (Maybe Skywarp got it directly from Simon & Schuster 8))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

I hope Stage Fright is better than this synopsis makes it sound...
QuoteBaffled by all the backstage backstabbing, the Hardys call Nancy and ask her to come to New York and help them out. When she arrives, they realize that Nancy is a dead ringer for the lead actress, so they arrange for her to replace the injured understudy.

The Hardy brothers are too observant to not already notice that the actress looks just like Nancy, before she arrives there.  ???
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Nancy looks really great on the cover, and Joe does look good to some extant, but with Frank it looks like they're just using a photo from the Killer Mystery days (especially Killer Connections, but just flipped and with a different color shirt, something that wouldn't be hard to do in Photoshop).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Well, with this most likely being the last book for the UB/GD universe, S&S probably didn't care too much about this one- but at least it looks pretty good overall I think.

Hardy Sleuth

Hopefully Stage Fright will be a good story. I'm more looking forward to the Hardys and Nancy working together in the new series. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on March 12, 2012, 12:08:29 AM
I hope Stage Fright is better than this synopsis makes it sound...
The Hardy brothers are too observant to not already notice that the actress looks just like Nancy, before she arrives there.  ???

Excellent point.

The synopsis sounds quite ridiculous. This sounds like a case they've already solved in the UB universe, why would they even need Nancy's help on this one??
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Well, this will probably be the last entry set in the UB universe, so we'll have something new to look forward to after this one.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: MacGyver on May 30, 2012, 08:30:15 AM
Well, this will probably be the last entry set in the UB universe, so we'll have something new to look forward to after this one.

I'm actualy kind of sad that they're ending the UBs... I mean, I know the quality has gone downhill, but still. They were the first series I ever read, I'll still miss them... :( :)
"Thank you, Joe."

Hardy Sleuth

There are definitely some good books in the UB series. :) And I love most all of the graphic novels! ;D

MacGyver

QuoteI'm actualy kind of sad that they're ending the UBs... I mean, I know the quality has gone downhill, but still. They were the first series I ever read, I'll still miss them... 
Wow- so you were first introduced to The Hardy Boys via the Undercover Brothers books? That gives you an interesting perspective. I grew up reading the Original Series and the Casefiles long before the UB books ever came around. I take it you've since read others in the various series... I know you said you had gotten a number of them as a birthday present recently in any case....

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: MacGyver on May 31, 2012, 07:16:14 AM
Wow- so you were first introduced to The Hardy Boys via the Undercover Brothers books? That gives you an interesting perspective. I grew up reading the Original Series and the Casefiles long before the UB books ever came around. I take it you've since read others in the various series... I know you said you had gotten a number of them as a birthday present recently in any case....

Yes, I started by reading the Nancy Drew GDs, then the first book with the Hardy boys in it I ever read was Danger Overseas. I was 10 I think, almost 11.... Anyway, then I read Hurricane Joe and LOVED it, and now I have all the UBs sitting on my shelf. :) the next series I read were the Originals, then the Casefiles, then.. Uhh.. I think I've read a couple digests, then I read the Clues Brothers lol. I'd heard of the HBs before, my dad used to read them as a kid, and I loved when they were in the Nancy Drew CDs. :D
"Thank you, Joe."

JoeHardyRocks

*Oops, sorry, not the Clues Brothers but the Secret Files. I can't edit posts on my phone...
"Thank you, Joe."

MacGyver

Quoteand I loved when they were in the Nancy Drew CDs.
Are you referring to the Nancy Drew video games here? Or did you mean the "Girl Detective" series? Have the Hardy Boys been mentioned there or something?
I've read the first of the Secret Files books and maybe I'll eventually read the others too. I have read a few of The Clues Brothers series as well and one of them was shockingly awesome and sadly way better than the impression I've gotten of the UB series. (Of which, I just now finally read the first book in the series earlier this year. No offense but- in my opinion- there are some good elements that I do enjoy with the series- but there are things from the first chapter of this first book that left me quite disappointed. Not a good sign for a new series.) But oh well- I try to look for the good and enjoy what I can, even if there are some things I don't like. It is still the ending of a chapter in The Hardy Boys' career and that is sad. I was particularly saddened when #190 Motocross Madness was announced as the last title in the Digests series in 2005, as that ended the run of a series that started back in 1927! That's a 78 year run! (This is the Original Series canon as far as I'm concerned- from The Tower Treasure to Motocross Madness- and of course, with the first 38 books, we have both an original and revised version on top of that!) That's not to say that I don't enjoy the various spinoff books- but they're not the same as the original running series. Even so, I'm still excited and interested to see how the new spinoff series will run when that starts. Yet another new chapter in the lives of The Hardy Boys! :) 8)

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: MacGyver on May 31, 2012, 11:32:59 AM
Are you referring to the Nancy Drew video games here? Or did you mean the "Girl Detective" series? Have the Hardy Boys been mentioned there or something?

No, the Nancy Drew PC games from Herinteractive. They were in 2 games, one of which, Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, is my favorite one. :D you got to play as the boys for a while, but you mainly just talked with them. In several other games you can call them. :)
"Thank you, Joe."