Frank and Joe: colleges

Started by goldie3, April 04, 2017, 10:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldie3

If Frank and Joe went to college, what subjects would they study and which colleges?

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I'd say criminal science, and or law enforcement.

MacGyver

If I recall correctly, Frank and Joe visit a friend in college in Casefiles #114 Clean Sweep- I'm thinking maybe that book discusses possible majors for Frank and Joe? But I agree with Katie- criminal science and/or law enforcement seem like likely bets. Of course, in the 1995 TV show of The Hardy Boys, it indicated that Frank apparently went with a journalism degree or perhaps just bypassed college altogether and went straight to working for a newspaper, while Joe was shown to be in college- though I don't know if it ever indicated exactly what he was studying. I would have to rewatch some episodes to see- it's been a long while since I've watched this show.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Frank and Joe both went to college in "The Shattered Helmet" where they studied filmmaking. 

Then they also went to Police Academy in "Shield of Fear'.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 05, 2017, 06:43:00 AM
Frank and Joe both went to college in "The Shattered Helmet" where they studied filmmaking. 

Then they also went to Police Academy in "Shield of Fear'.

The Shattered Helmet was for a case, if I remember.

I don't know if I'd consider the Police Academy college...and what book is Shield of Fear?

MacGyver

Shield of Fear is #91 in The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories- one of the Digests. :) 8)
Yeah, that's true- Frank and Joe have gone to college before undercover. I'm not sure that any of them would indicate their college plans though....but thanks for the reminder about those books. The Shattered Helmet is one of my favorites from the original 58.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: Katie on April 05, 2017, 09:33:39 AM
The Shattered Helmet was for a case, if I remember.

I don't know if I'd consider the Police Academy college...and what book is Shield of Fear?

No the Hardy's were not on a case, although they did get involved with a mystery.  But when "The Shattered Zhelmet" opens the boys are enrolled in a summer course at the college.

And Joe was in college in the 95 TV series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Bigfootman

Frank and Joe also went undercover at the  FBI Academy in Spies and Lies.

Interestingly enough, while the Frank and Joe were still in High School in the Casefiles, Nancy Drew had graduated. She never went to collage  during the Files though, even though Ned did. She did visit him at Emerson College a few times. She did go to  University  in the "Nancy Drew on Campus" series.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

And Frank had gone through college in the 90's TV series, and Joe was in college in the series. 

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Frank and Joe attend an international summer school at Oxford University, in Strategic Moves.

CalvinKnox

Bayport's Bayshore College was mentioned in some early digests, maybe they would go there.  I think they graduated high school in The Great Airport Mystery (Original text).