Ghostwriters

Started by Criss, September 01, 2010, 12:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Olivia,

I hope making you think more was a good thing! :) I think Frank would internalize his pain more and bottle it all up. Joe would be forced to make him open up or deal with his problems. He's his brother and might notice more. OR Frank would pretend like nothing was wrong...but also alerting Joe to the real pain inside.

I definitely agree that Joe was allowed to amp up his hot headed behavior etc because of Iola and Frank was allowed to remain true to his personality. Thus, keeping their chemistry mostly the same and not endangering the whole series by having them be too similar.

Mac,

A story or two with Frank on overload would be interesting, for sure. It definitely screams "fan fiction" all over it because you won't see it in the originals. It would be a hard task to take on though. It would also be hard to judge how well it would be perceived too. I know I'd be interested, but I know there are probably a few people who would be upset.

Or I could be totally wrong. lol
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

I wonder maybe if they did something like the "Sole Survivor" episode of the '70s show with Frank- and have Frank come to believe that the Assasins have finally succeeding in establishing a communist dictatorship in America. The Network is now operating in fragments all very strictly underground and have formed a small resistance movement. Some of Frank's closest friends and even family have now somehow been brainwashed into following along. That might make for an interesting scenario.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I love Sole Survivor! It's actually what got me hooked with the 70s series!

Your scenario is very interesting and thought out. I'm just not sure Frank would buy that. Joe was dealing with the loss of his brother and father in the show. His emotions clouded his judgment on the situation until he realized it wasn't a year later. In this case, I'm not sure Frank would be quick to believe this...It would take a LOT of planning for anyone to dupe him into buying into it. Still interesting though.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, The Assasins proved they're capable of those kind of extremely well thought-out plans in Dead of Night. And though I think Frank would respond with equally clouded judgment if faced with the same scenario Joe had in "Sole Survivor"- I just figured with his personality, he would need something to shake his logic- something that would mess with his perception of how things should be. The death of his father and brother would certainly do that- but if he was brought to believe that it was a killing by their enemies or an accident or whatever, that is still a logical and natural occurence in life. So I was thinking a shakeup of the balance of power might be something a bit stronger or something that would hit him differently.
I don't know- just an idea.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Well you mentioned the exact reason why I like the Assassins. They have well thought out plans based usually on revenge. The Hardys seemed to be challenged more by them...even if it's sometimes only slightly more than the average perp.

You still raise an interesting question/scenario. Hmmmm....

Olivia

Quote from: hardygirl847 on November 02, 2010, 10:23:23 PM
Olivia,

I hope making you think more was a good thing! :) I think Frank would internalize his pain more and bottle it all up. Joe would be forced to make him open up or deal with his problems. He's his brother and might notice more. OR Frank would pretend like nothing was wrong...but also alerting Joe to the real pain inside.

I definitely agree that Joe was allowed to amp up his hot headed behavior etc because of Iola and Frank was allowed to remain true to his personality. Thus, keeping their chemistry mostly the same and not endangering the whole series by having them be too similar.

Making me think is a good thing ;D

Great thoughts. I tend to agree.

And Sole Survivors is a great episode. Since I watched the show chronologically, it was one of the first episodes that had a really deep story which made me sit back. I think I was also finally impressed with Shaun Cassidy at that point (because in the beginning of the series, I thought he was a little weak in his acting IMO, but he was only inexperienced and/or maybe the direction for him wasn't great).