Celebrating the 85th Anniversary of the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories!

Started by Hardy Sleuth, April 29, 2012, 12:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Word!
And the word for The Hardy Boys of course is- Dy-no-mite! :) 8)
(Many times literally. ;D)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 16, 2012, 10:11:19 PM
Word!
And the word for The Hardy Boys of course is- Dy-no-mite! :) 8)
(Many times literally. ;D)

And thankfully survive! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

Hardy Sleuth

I'm celebrating the 85th Anniversary of the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories by re-reading some favorites and finding ones I haven't read and reading them. ;D  8)

MacGyver

That's always the best way to celebrate Hardy Boys anniversaries- and of course, share the books with a friend! :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Here's another way you can celebrate The Hardy Boys' 85th. anniversary! Try these fun trivia quizzes on The Hardy Boys!
The questions range from fairly easy to pretty hard! Get on the case, sleuths! :) 8)
Quiz 1
Quiz 2
Quiz 3
Quiz 4
Quiz 5
Quiz 6

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 23, 2012, 06:17:57 PM
That's always the best way to celebrate Hardy Boys anniversaries- and of course, share the books with a friend! :)

Oh, definitely ;D And that's true anytime. 8) I've got family and friends to share with and they share with me. ;D

tomswift2002

Of course, on that first quiz, there is an error in the answer for who created the Hardy's.  The answer says that Leslie McFarlane wrote the first 11 books, but it should be 16 and co-wrote the 17th volume.

Quiz 2 also has a wrong answer.  The question about Aunt Gertrude says that she first appeared in #10 "What Happened At Midnight", but she actually appeared in #3 "The Secret of the Old Mill".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah, I saw that there were a few errors here and there. But most of them are on par. (Though some of very particular on the answers.)