Book Club/Discussions

Started by hardygirl847, February 07, 2010, 05:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

I can understand why it would be annoying and frustrating. They are supposed to know these things, right?! :)

I'm looking forward to it as well.

16 days and counting. hehe
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Talk to the children's librarian. They should definitely know the difference.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

I'll join, but I might not alway be able to perticipate. I have the reviced verion of the Tower Treasure.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardygirl847

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on February 20, 2010, 08:09:43 AM
I'll join, but I might not alway be able to perticipate. I have the reviced verion of the Tower Treasure.

That's okay Dan. I don't have the original either. We have to adapt to what we are able to find. However, if someone does read the original and others read the revised...it will only make it more interesting to compare and contrast them! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, I got my original text copy of The Tower Treasure, so I can read that one now. It will be interesting to compare to the story I remember from the revised version.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Yeah I am looking forward to comparing and contrasting them as well since I won't be able to get my hands on the OT version anytime soon. We get the best of both worlds this way.

hardygirl847

ONLY 4 MORE DAYS TO FIND YOUR COPY OF THE TOWER TREASURE!! OT or RT is fine.

Starting March 1st, you will have 2 weeks to complete reading the book before we start discussing and then choosing the next book.

The book will have a NEW thread for the discussion. Updates relating to the Book Club/Discussion in general will probably remain under this thread for now.

Thanks!

SDLagent

I just ordered Applewood Books' facsimile edition of the original The Tower Treasure.

hardygirl847

Without trying to sound stupid...what does that mean? :)

Very cool though!! Where did you order it?

tomswift2002

"Facsimile" just means that it is a copy of how the item was produced originally with no added text or pictures or changing of font, unless noted.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 01, 2010, 02:03:36 PM
"Facsimile" just means that it is a copy of how the item was produced originally with no added text or pictures or changing of font, unless noted.

So it's not really the actual book itself, it is like someone copied it and you bought the copy? Thanks for responding. :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 01, 2010, 04:44:05 PM
So it's not really the actual book itself, it is like someone copied it and you bought the copy? Thanks for responding. :)

Well a facsimile looks like the actual thing, but it's a reproduction of the original thing.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 01, 2010, 05:25:17 PM
Well a facsimile looks like the actual thing, but it's a reproduction of the original thing.

Does it have the cover and all that? I am picturing a copy (normal paper size) of the original text and no cover or anything like that.

So I don't double post...

MARCH 15 IS THE DEADLINE TO READ THE TOWER TREASURE!

Look for a NEW thread that will be specifically designed to discuss the book. The new thread will appear March 14/15.

Remember you can read either version. It will make it even more interesting to discuss because we can compare and contrast.

Thanks for participating!
  :D

SDLagent

You're still a bit confused about facsimiles. Like Tom said, a facsimile is an exact copy or re-production of the original. So in this case the book looks exactly the same as the book did in 1927, compared to the current Grosset & Dunlap editions which have been updated and modified over the years.

Check out Wikipedia's article on the subject.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on March 01, 2010, 08:42:17 PM
You're still a bit confused about facsimiles. Like Tom said, a facsimile is an exact copy or re-production of the original. So in this case the book looks exactly the same as the book did in 1927, compared to the current Grosset & Dunlap editions which have been updated and modified over the years.

Check out Wikipedia's article on the subject.

OK I think I get it now. I looked at the article and then did some image searching as well. I found some on Amazon that are sold as facsimiles. Interesting. I had the wrong picture in my head for sure. :) Thanks!