New Hardy Boys TV series coming!

Started by SDLagent, October 02, 2010, 08:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

True. And Phineas and Ferb is by far one of the best cartoons I've seen in a long while. I would even say it's probably the best cartoon on the air nowadays.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

Quote from: MacGyver on October 04, 2010, 11:07:15 PM
True. And Phineas and Ferb is by far one of the best cartoons I've seen in a long while. I would even say it's probably the best cartoon on the air nowadays.

i wouldn't go that far. cause IMO, there are some cooler ones out there (namely, the ben 10s, hot wheels battleforce 5, star wars: the close wars, etc.) but it certainly is one of the better ones out there!

Quote from: Mattielvsu on October 04, 2010, 05:14:20 PM
Im soooo excited!!!

ditto

Quote from: SDLagent on October 04, 2010, 05:00:22 PM
We can agree 100% for once.

OK, now you're scaring me!  ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Q

I'm definitely going to watch the show.

Quote from: SDLagent on October 03, 2010, 01:55:51 AM
I think this is, most likely, what we're going to see. The article does use the word "revamp". I'm kind of hopping for a Casefiles inspired take on the Hardys.
Tell us something we don't know. And are you hopping or hoping?

Jokerette

Quote from: Q on October 05, 2010, 07:14:55 AM

LOL!
(and i know you've had that avatar for a while but i gotta say, it sooo rocks!  ;D)
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on October 05, 2010, 07:14:55 AM
I'm definitely going to watch the show.

Your mum's hopping.

Q

Quote from: SDLagent on October 06, 2010, 02:02:46 AM
My mum's hopping.
And seriously using British/Canadian spellings really bother me. I mean, why add the extra letters?

MacGyver

What extra letters? Like the ones in colour, honour and favour? Those "u"s complete the word. ;)
(seriously though- I grew up with British spelling, so I'm used to it. It looks more correct to me to use words like tyre, grey and centre, but I'm also familiar with American English spelling. It's not a huge thing to me.)  :D
Maybe this page will help- http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwesl/egw/jones/differences.htm
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on October 06, 2010, 06:35:11 AM
And seriously using British/Canadian spellings really bother me. I mean, why add the extra letters?

There's only one way to spell "hopping", British, Canadian, or American. I don't quite get what your saying...?

Quote from: MacGyver on October 06, 2010, 12:37:17 PM
What extra letters? Like the ones in colour, honour and favour? Those "u"s complete the word. ;)
(seriously though- I grew up with British spelling, so I'm used to it. It looks more correct to me to use words like tyre, grey and centre, but I'm also familiar with American English spelling. It's not a huge thing to me.)  :D
Maybe this page will help- http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwesl/egw/jones/differences.htm

Where are you from? I thought you were American. And actually, Canadian spelling isn't the same as British spelling.

MacGyver

Okay- that's cool to know. I had gathered a lot of folks on here are Canadian and I noticed the spelling differences- but I didn't realize Canada and England has some differences too.
And as for me- I'm from all over. I've been in different countries, but yes, I am American. ;)

hardygirl847

I totally want to contact them and ask for more information. They would probably think I was crazy but I don't care. This is super exciting!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Mattie

Quote from: hardygirl847 on October 06, 2010, 06:42:37 PM
I totally want to contact them and ask for more information. They would probably think I was crazy but I don't care. This is super exciting!
you aren't the only one might do that you can count me in too!!!  ;D

SkyWarp

Quote from: hardygirl847 on October 06, 2010, 06:42:37 PM

Already done.  They have nothing new to share at this time as the process is still at such an early stage that beyond the announcement, there isn't anything more to share.

When more comes available, I hope to have that to share.

Mattie

Quote from: SkyWarp on October 06, 2010, 09:56:15 PM
Already done.  They have nothing new to share at this time as the process is still at such an early stage that beyond the announcement, there isn't anything more to share.

When more comes available, I hope to have that to share.
did you actually called?

MacGyver

Cool deal, Skywarp. I kinda got that impression- that this was very much at the starting stages. The article made it sound like Nelvana was digging through their old files for ideas for new shows for the fall and all of a sudden realized they had The Hardy Boys property still. And it probably fit just right with the kids live action block they were wanting to do and there you go. It is exciting to hear about and it will be great to have more info- but I have a feeling we will have to wait a good little while for that.

SkyWarp