The Mark of the Blue Tattoo and Terror at High Tide

Started by Bigfootman, March 29, 2009, 12:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Both of htese sound like possible Casefiles turned into digests, one has a gang and athor has the Hardy's trying to stop a murder. What are there reading leavels, and any chance othe eather of being a casefile turned a digest?

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Here's a third title that might've been meant for the Casefiles, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Terror At High Tide
Hardy Boys #145
Printed in August 1997
Reading Level: 6.0

The Mark of the Blue Tattoo
The Hardy Boys #146
Printed In October 1997
Reading Level: 4.9

I don't really remember much about the previous two books, since I remember finding Terror At High Tide to have been boring, and The Mark of the Blue Tattoo, while interesting, there was really nothing that stuck in my mind,aside from the fact that Chet was driving an ice cream truck.

Trial and Terror
The Hardy Boys #147
Printed in: December 1997
Reading Level: 5.8

Now then, it is hihgly possible that this book was meant to be a Casefile in an earlier form, especially considering that the Hardy Boys are attending a high-profile murder trial in New York City for the purposes of a civics class assignment that Frank has to complete over the Christmas Holidays.  There's arson and even someone trying to chop a person up using an axe.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

The Mark Of The Blue Tattoo and Trial and Terror I'm going to try to get.

The Mark Of The Blue Tattoo because back cover seems to point towards a lot of fist fights, and Trial and Terror because it seems to be about attempted murder.

Out of curiostiy, what was the reading leavel for the Criss-Cross Crime? I neaver did check.

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on March 29, 2009, 06:00:20 PM

Out of curiostiy, what was the reading leavel for the Criss-Cross Crime? I neaver did check.
Reading Level: 7.1
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

When checking out if a Digest may have been planed to be a casefile we must remeber these three things:
1. If casefiles had reading leavels on the back, quite a bit would have reading leavels of 5-6, like possibly Trial and Terror.
2. If we hadn't been told that the Criss-Cross Crime was supposed to be a casefile we may have been having the same argument that we are with Training For Trouble, which surprizingly has a higher reading leavel!
3. When the Casefiles ended, there was quite a few unpublished manuscipts. Those were just sitting there, not making money. S@S would try to find some way to make them into books, and what better way then making them into digests?

So it's possible that quite a few of the digests that came out after the Casefiles ended, were really suppoesed to be casefiles. Some may have even had Ioa added into them.

To me it seems that Trail and Terror and Training For Trouble seem the most likely. Trail and Terror because of the murder trial (I will try to find it so I can read it), and Training For Trouble because of the blood and intense fight scenes that seem way out of place in a digest.

Most Recent Post: